cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted eSIM - no service

Halifaxguy84
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Somehow I deleted my eSIM and now I’m without any service.  I need a new eSIM from PM somehow.  Please assist.  Thanks. 

@CS_Agent 

4 REPLIES 4

Halifaxguy84

Thanks very much!

Halifaxguy84

Thanks very much.  Will be looking at going back to physical SIM for sure. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Halifaxguy84 

If you deleted eSIM by mistake , you have to re-buy a new one for $5.  

Yes,  while eSIM is "cool", there are disadvantages as well.  For eSIM, if you have a new phone, or if you ever wipe your phone or deleted like what you did, you will have to re-buy a new eSIM again.   There is no such problem with Physical sim card.

To rebuy new eSIM, First, download the app on your new phone, click   or    at the bottom left to bring up the menu and go to Subscription & Add-on page, scroll down to the bottom and click Shop SIM Card Now.  You can buy and install eSIM from there

Or if you like, you can take this chance to change back to physical sim.  so you don't have to worry about the sim situation again or you can change phone freely without extra cost.  Buy from Amazon.ca for $5, same price as re-buying the esim

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Halifaxguy84  You will need to re buy one from the app log into your account subscription add on page . Notice “shop SIM card now” tap it and choose eSIM and you will keep your same plan and phone number 

Handy1_0-1708812799533.png

adding judging by your name @Halifaxguy84  I’m guessing your in Halifax ? If so Halifax shopping center Koodo kiosk sells physical SIM card or the Koodo in Bedford place mall and the Telus and Koodo kiosk in mic Mac mall . And you can sim swap the number in your account . This is probably the very best way so if you ever want  to change devices or factory reset your device for troubleshooting . You won’t have to rebuy esim again just change the SIM card out 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1708813052159.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

Need Help? Let's chat.