cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Vtan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wondering if We all could sand to friends and family as a give (data) for this pandemic Crisis, my wife heartedly use her Data 

thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can purchase discounted vouchers at this website and give out as gifts.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/products/public-sim-card?variant=31239577829465

Vtan

I didn’t know there’s a right question and the wrong question and wrong place to implement,

Vtan

That what I am talking about, We should be able to helping each other when it’s needed,

thank you

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Vtan this is a really good idea. I would even say being able to gift other community members! So if I wanted to send you 2G of data Public would have a way to do that. 

That would be COMMUNITY helping others, what a great suggestion Vtan!

Bravos! 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Vtan wrote:

Wondering if We all could sand to friends and family as a give (data) for this pandemic Crisis, my wife heartedly use her Data 

thanks 

You cannot send someone data add-on.

1.  But you can purchase PM topup voucher and email the voucher serial number to your friends and family for them to purchase their add-on.

2.  You can send eTransfer to your friends and family for them to purchase their add-on

3.  If they trust you, they can give you their account login for your to purchase data add-on for them.

BTW, I manage 8 PM accounts for my family and friends.  I have their login info to maintain their accounts.  It is very convenience and they are happy.  My monthly referral rewards is a small token for my service provided to my family and friends.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Vtan lend your phone to your wife. She will happily use your data tòo. In order to have a bucket of data to share between family members,  you need a family plan. I'm sorry to say that there are only individual plans here. Not a bad idea, just the wrong place to implement it. Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Vtan wrote:

thanks 

@Vtan  What a great idea! 👏👍 Unfortunately,  currently there isn't a process or mechanism in place where a customer can gift their data allotment to let's say a first responder data pool 👨‍🚒👩‍🚒etc. Maybe Public Mobile can implement it!! 🤔

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Public mobile does not offer data gifting. If You have access to their account you can log into it and purchase a data add-on. Two steps to buy an add-on. Guide below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

Or you can buy a voucher and give them the code so they can add the money to their account.

List of retailers on link below.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/payment-voucher

Or buy vouchers online at link recharge.com or ding.com there's a few others but I'm not familiar with them maybe other posters will add

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Vtan Hello I am sorry but there is no transfer of data between plans but you could always buy her an extra gig if you like $15 half-price right now

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Vtan wrote:

thanks 

@Vtan  That sounds like a really nice idea but unfortunately, you cannot donate unused mins/data from your plan to other users.

Need Help? Let's chat.