cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Ddonnelly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for 10gb of data every month for $50. The last two months I’ve only been getting 8.5. I asked the employee at the kiosk and he told me he couldn’t help me but to ask the community to help fix this for me. Please help! 

12 REPLIES 12

@Ddonnelly wrote:

Not to be rude but why does that matter? That’s not relevant to my question.. but yes it was a public mobile kiosk. Sorry I just want my data. 

@Ddonnelly  The reason I'm asking because the PM kiosks have been known to offer plan promos that are not advertised.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ddonnelly wrote:

Yes. It’s not like I’m specifically looking for 1.5gb of data. I got my 8.5 but I want the full 10 like I signed up for. 

But you said they said that you go online somewhere and get the additional 1.5 somehow.

Any luck with any proof?

Once you find that then you could contact the @Moderator_Team < Click this.

Ddonnelly

Yes. It’s not like I’m specifically looking for 1.5gb of data. I got my 8.5 but I want the full 10 like I signed up for. 

Ddonnelly

Calgary, Marlborough Mall about 2 months ago. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ddonnelly wrote:

No, I’m not thinking of freedom, I signed up with public mobile... why would I be thinking of freedom? I got 10gb when I signed up. Asked the employee about it and he told me I should be able to find an option on the website that will get me my extra gig and a half. Couldn’t find that so I went with option two the employee gave me, which was contact the community. Note he also said if I had missed a payment I wouldn’t get the extra 1.5gb but I haven’t missed any payments so I don’t know what the problem is. I figured it was just a promotion to get me to sign up at first but the employee disregarded that. 

I see the ads on tv and the colours are similar.

There is no place to simply pick up 1.5gb of data.

It's unfortunate that this was your experience at an actual Public Mobile kiosk...not just some reseller.

Ddonnelly

Yeah I think I do still have something if I didn’t throw it out, I will check... thanks for that! 

Ddonnelly

No, I’m not thinking of freedom, I signed up with public mobile... why would I be thinking of freedom? I got 10gb when I signed up. Asked the employee about it and he told me I should be able to find an option on the website that will get me my extra gig and a half. Couldn’t find that so I went with option two the employee gave me, which was contact the community. Note he also said if I had missed a payment I wouldn’t get the extra 1.5gb but I haven’t missed any payments so I don’t know what the problem is. I figured it was just a promotion to get me to sign up at first but the employee disregarded that. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ddonnelly wrote:

Not to be rude but why does that matter? That’s not relevant to my question.. but yes it was a public mobile kiosk. Sorry I just want my data. 

Whoops. Retract. You say you went to a Public Mobile kiosk. Then they may very well have had a kiosk-only offering. Maybe it was only for one term. Who knows. I do know that they would offer unposted specials. If you can find any evidence of that offering then maybe something would get fixed for you. Maybe the kiosk printed out a little details sheet for you.

Ddonnelly

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ddonnelly wrote:

I signed up for 10gb of data every month for $50. The last two months I’ve only been getting 8.5. I asked the employee at the kiosk and he told me he couldn’t help me but to ask the community to help fix this for me. Please help! 

@Ddonnelly Was it a Public Mobile branded kiosk or another retailer's kiosk?

@Ddonnelly wrote:

Sorry, but Public Mobile doesn't have a $50 10GB plan. I also can't recall any bonus promotion that would have brought it up to that.  Where/when did you sign up?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ddonnelly wrote:

You might thinking of Freedom Mobile. Similar colour scheme. There's no 10gb here. The 8.5 is correct for that rate.

Need Help? Let's chat.