cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data.

Lisascott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account is telling me I’ve used 75% of my data when I haven’t used it. How do I get in contact with Public mobile to fix this? 

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lisascott Hi - And Welcome!

Can you confirm what others are asking...What does your self-serve account show?

Your actual phone could be at 75% usage, not your PM account usage.

A good idea would be to make sure your cell phone data START DATE (check it out in your Settings, Network, Mobile data...) is set to the same date as your start date your PM account begins on every month.

Hope you get it figured out - good luck!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lisascott....

...if you're using an iPhone, toggle OFF "Wifi assist" in settings. You'll be using data whenever your phone senses poor wifi reception.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lisascott  If you have data turned on and your WiFi connection goes down then you will end up using data without realizing it.

You can check the data usage on your device and see what and when used up your data.

@Lisascott if you check your usage history in your self service account and on your phone. And you still feel that an error occurred, then contact a moderator and explain your situation. Ask them to check it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to the community. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Lisascott What does self-service show for your data amount? Then number there is accurate. Maybe you had data on, and some apps updated?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The self serve tracker is pretty accurate. Can you post a screenshot of your add-on overview usage. Or your phone's data history usage?

Need Help? Let's chat.