cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images posted in community and private message in community.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

I was just discussing with another member about life and they commented, "hey make sure to clean up images in your profile, some images that have been sent through private messaging are showing up in your public images."

I am posting this here to let everyone else know that you will need to go through your images and clear out any personal pictures.

@Catherine_T can you please have Public Mobile change images to default into our hidden album rather than our Public album. I had sensitive information that was being displayed in my public album that I had sent to a moderator. 

This is a big problem! @computergeek541 had already mentioned this Tiana said it was fixed. Its not.

10 REPLIES 10

@Naepalm 

Thanks for bringing this up again i thought it was fixed. It would be nice if this stuff wouldnt get buried.

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Unfortunately, after I said that the issue had not been fixed, I received no further updates. I believe that there is a workaround but I don't recall specifics.

@will13am , do you recall how you were able to send private mesaages and for the pictures to go into the hidden folder?

My private message images have always gone into the hidden folder.  I have yet to find a "default" setting anywhere, so I cannot explain the behavior.  That said, I have manually moved all my images to the hidden folder.  This is pretty easy to do.  Just go to my profile, my photos, image options, turn on batch processing, select images to be moved, select move to hidden folder.  Because my images are all in the hidden folder, I cannot vouch for whether changes made had any effect or not.  Since this manual process is easy, I will continue to be self reliant.  

Just to add to this, you need to select a folder to move threads from.  You can't do it from all Photos.  So select a folder and then you can select all and move.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@will13am thanks, turning batch processing on is a godsend. this website just got more advanced lol, it's high tech now!

@computergeek541  definitely an issue. I'm sure there is away to fix as I'd assume moderators go back and forth with clients sending screenshots and they don't show.

Fixed whan? Who knows! The quote button still has not been fixed for many mobile devices 🙄

@Jb456 @will13am 

It sounds as if manually moving the images exposes them from the time sent and the time moved to the other folder.  This is a security issue, so it not being fixed yet is not good.

@computergeek541 wrote:

Unfortunately, after I said that the issue had not been fixed, I received no further updates. I believe that there is a workaround but I don't recall specifics.

@will13am , do you recall how you were able to send private mesaages and for the pictures to go into the hidden folder?

My private message images have always gone into the hidden folder.  I have yet to find a "default" setting anywhere, so I cannot explain the behavior.  That said, I have manually moved all my images to the hidden folder.  This is pretty easy to do.  Just go to my profile, my photos, image options, turn on batch processing, select images to be moved, select move to hidden folder.  Because my images are all in the hidden folder, I cannot vouch for whether changes made had any effect or not.  Since this manual process is easy, I will continue to be self reliant.  

You can always do it manually (although for new members they'd likely not know that pics are visible, even a few Oracle's didn't know lol. I only say that as I notified a few of them that personal info is showing on their pictures. Actually even notified Tiana once as a private PM document was showing)

Anyways this how I do it.

Send PM with picture.

Then go to my profile to my pictures.

Open picture I want to hide.

Click image options

Click move image

Select hidden

Screenshot_20200717_101611.jpg

@Naepalm 

Tiana was notified of this in June. She responded saying they did some changes to system then @computergeek541 replied saying issue still persist.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Community-Technical-Issues/m-p/551...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm Oh, did not know that!  😕 

Thanks for the heads up.

Need Help? Let's chat.