cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Stiles1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

for the last 3 months, on the same date, I have received a text that I have used 75% of my data. I reset my phone every time my data resets and my actual phone says I’ve used less than 40%
my daughter is having the same issue and her phone says she has only used 53%, while public mobile says she has used 95%

9 REPLIES 9

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

For the most accurate view of your data balance...log in to your account / My Plan and Add-ons. There, you'll see a list of PM features that are current on your account. If you see no mention of data there, that means you've used it up until next renewal or if you buy a data add-on. Additionally...if you have any Bonus data such as More is Merrier 2021, that data will take over when your regular plan data limits out. Once you use up all data...your ability to use any data just stops...you won't be billed anything extra unless you purchase a data add-on.

Best practice is to go into your phones settings and disable data to apps that aren't used regularly.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Stiles1 

Assuming you have Android phones to get the most accurate tracking in your phone ensure the calendar dates of your 30 day cycle are correct. Take into consideration your time zone and don't use mobile data until after midnight eastern and local midnight time. Set your data limiter for 75% of your total data on your account (plan, add on, bonus and promotional data). Keep in mind your phone may also track your MMS data usage whereas pm does not calculate this data in your usage warnings. While pm has about a 5.3mb buffer it does reset nightly or when airplane mode is toggled on. Whichever warning is triggered first....either your phone's data limiter or the warning text from 611 log into your account and compare the overview page's data counter to your phone's data tracker. This will tell you how accurate your phone tracks mobile data compared to your self serve account and if the apdata usage warning text is in error or relatively accurate.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Stiles1   just want to make sure you reset your counter every 30 days?  PM uses 30 days cycle and the start day of each cycle changes

and the 75% warning is based all all data you have including the bonus one (like holiday bonus), not just the regular monthly data bucket

@raymondzhou122- It's automatic. There will be a text at 75% usage and 95%. I think some people report 100%. There are also texts for 10 minutes left of the limited minutes plans and 10 texts left of the limited texts plan.

@Stiles1- maybe you could provide an image of your overview page. Maybe you're using up your plan data and then maybe you have add-on data. Maybe it's in that usage timeframe that it sees you have much less data. Then you use some of that. Then you renew and and you're back to a larger total of data.

@Stiles1 wrote:

But they actually shut off our data within 2-3 days of sending that message. My phone still says I have not used the full amount. 3 months now. Like clockwork. Is it a ploy to get us to pay for more data?!

Your phone says that? Your phone counter is not something you should rely on. Most accurate counter is on PM account.

But if you keep DATA on all the time it is possible to use it up quickly as pesky apps take advantage of free Internet.

raymondzhou122
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do you enable the text, I never receive text about my data usages?

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

where does it say you have data left? In your data and add on section of your self serve account is the most accurate if there is no line for data then it’s all used up

Stiles1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

But they actually shut off our data within 2-3 days of sending that message. My phone still says I have not used the full amount. 3 months now. Like clockwork. Is it a ploy to get us to pay for more data?!

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Stiles1 Hi yes they are sent in error all the time,  just go by what’s in your accounts 

Need Help? Let's chat.