cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage issue

Thoth1987
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently changed my data plan to a 10 gb plan with unlimited talk/text. I was blocked and got a text stating i was at 100% data usage when the website was stated I was at about 7.5 gb of 10. Just now got a text saying I'm at 75% whole the website(that is unbearably slow and clunky now) states I'm at 5.5gb of 10. What the heck is going on? I paid for more data and now 2 months in a row I'm getting less. I'd also like to note I had to Google up what the heck labels would work with this forum. This public mobile thing js becoming very infuriating

19 REPLIES 19

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

When logged into the new selfserve "my account" site, click the little circular arrow icon in the bottom right corner of the "Plan Usage" widget/section to ensure it shows the current plan and usage:

new-selfserve-refresh.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Thoth1987 @paulschendel40 are you the same customers? Or did one just tag along a similar issue here?

@Thoth1987 go by what your overview area is saying in your My Account:

esjliv_0-1660215490003.png

Check that your device is not set up to warn you or even turn off data at a certain data limit (on a device level). Adjust these settings, or turn it off if this is the case. Go by what your My Account is showing what is remaining on your account.

Plans are 30 days here, so if you use your device to monitor data you must change the start date to match your plan start data...or go by your My Account or use an app to track it.

If you are android, try this one:

Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me what I need from it.

You could also check out Data counter widget: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roysolberg.android.datacounter&hl=en_CA&gl=US

If you are an Apple user, I am sure there is a 30-day app that is available as well.

Managing Your Data Usage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@paulschendel40 

Well a 1 GB data add-on as compensation for the hassle is nice of them to add but resetting your plan's data counter would be much better? Question them as to why they are resistant to reset your data counter if you're downloaded usage shows you've only used half a gigabyte or whatever..... unless you've used 4 GB of data since your renewal they owe you the data.

Download your usage as I instructed and add up the data manually from that file and once you determine exactly how much data you've used they can reset your data counter to whatever the difference is between your usage since renewal and 5 GB. And if they have a problem with that tell them you would like to escalate the issue. If escalations can't solve the issue for you just use the four magic letters C C T S.

Hi @paulschendel40 at the same time, I think you should track it on your device to confirm the usage. 

Try something like My Data Manager on iOS or Data usage manager on Android

@paulschendel40 wrote:

I have had some private messages.

Oh, man. Delete those phone numbers or at least mask them out. You are just asking for spammers to take advantage of your list.

Reading all these messages people having issues with data and confusing SMS 'data is used up' I am sooooo happy to have puny basic plan with only 250MB.

paulschendel40
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh I have been talking to them for awhile now.  Not sure what's going on but they only did a 1 gig add on.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@paulschendel40 

Click the little arrow thingy on the right side of your post and hit edit and then you can tap hold and delete the image but you'll have to go delete it from your profile as well.

It sounds like your data I didn't reset on renewal if you generally use 4 GB 4 1/2 GB of data a month and you went through half a gigabyte after renewal and it didn't reset then that's why your data has been cut off most likely going by your usage. So contact customer support and ask them to reset your data counter back to 5 GB.

paulschendel40

not sure how to delete this now

@paulschendel40 

How to Clear Data Usage on Android

How restart Data Usage

and set new data usage limiter from your new cycle start until 30 day..

don't worry overcharges not happen in here.

data limit end the will be off until next cycle will be on.

and check your device all apps data turn off background.

There was an extremely poorly executed roll out of a new system not long ago. It's terrible at updating information. That's why the suggestions about browsers and devices and such.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@paulschendel40 

Ok great we got a glimpse now delete your screenshots because they show private numbers who probably don't want to be getting called from scammers.

Edit:

If you selecting the filters the past 30 days 90 days and then download it you will get the complete usage in your download just don't filter for the type of usage.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The recipients of those calls and texts would not approve of you displaying them here. For their sake please remove these images from your library under your profile.

We need to know the date that the system thinks your renewal is at. Keep in mind this place is 30 days not monthly. Did you check your phone for any data limiting setting?

paulschendel40

No.  I don't reset it every thirty 30 days but I will now that I am having these problems.  I've been using PM for 3 plus years and this is the first problem.

paulschendel40

I have had some private messages.  I was told 48-72 business hours to deal with things.  So now I'm chasing it again.  I did take so screen shot of my data usage.  No explanation yet on what's going on.  But now I can't access older data info on my account then August 20.  This is back to August 12.  So now that's frustrating.  Here are my screen shots from last week.  As you can see, I did not use 5 gig in 2 days

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@paulschendel40 

Do you have your data limiter set in your phone? Is your data tracker set with the correct dates of your 30-day cycle?

@paulschendel40- Stewing over this for 10 days and you finally come here? Did you read and try some of the ideas in this thread you found? Maybe you could provide an image of your plan usage box. Maybe even your payment history from here. Maybe we might be able to shed some light.

If you have Android phone maybe you have a data limiter set on your phone.

paulschendel40

Hi

I lost my data on August 13 and 14.  My plan renews on August 12.  My account showed 20 meg of usage not 5 gig.  Now i have been trying to get my data back for 10 days now.  Very frustrating also.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Click the little spinner refresh icons lower down under the usage boxes to try to get updated numbers. Or us incognito or a different browser or a different device.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Thoth1987 

then it is just a glitch in the system there is a new design a lot customer has same issue.

call *611 press 3 and you need your 4 digit PIN and check it out your data usage.

or tried use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode, or safari on private mode,To Login Page  to check your history data usage.

Need Help? Let's chat.