cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage is wildly inaccurate

Dave86
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just changed my plan to add an extra 5 GB of data as of the 27th of July, changing exactly nothing about how I actually use my device, I went from using less than 15 GB in 30 days, to somehow (according to your site) having used approximately 15 GB in less than 2 weeks.

THIS IS AN ERROR, my device itself tracks my data and says I've used 5 GB so far, I have spent the majority of the past 2 weeks on my home wifi, and (most crucially) I have made NO CHANGES to my mobile usage, (I use my phone exactly the same way that I always have) and I used to have data to spare after 30 days, yet somehow your system says I've used nearly 3 times as much data as I actually have

7 REPLIES 7

@Dave86  -  no phone number unfortunately at public mobile for customer support.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If SIMon Bot is causing you issues, then use the 2nd method to contact CSA in the above link.

Dave86

Seeing as how I specifically stated that I've made no changes to the device or my usage of it... Yeah you either misinterpreted (or more likely simply failed to read) my original post

As for "go straight to the CSA..." I would bloody love to, problem is I can either get the robo-assistant (which is no help) a prompt to dial *611 (which is just the robo-assistant through the phone) or I get redirected here... To talk to you people

I would absolutely LOVE to be able to talk to an actual human that actually works for this **bleep** company... However they seem irrationally determined to make that untenable

As for your question about downloading my usage history: yes as a matter of fact I've tried that multiple times only to have it download a file that I cannot open, can't even tell what type of file it is tbh, so... Yeah for all the good it did, I have done that... Repeatedly

Do you feel i misinterpreted your original post @Dave86 ?   Sorry about that.

If you do not want common issues feedback, and you have been here 2 years, then you can search the community for possible solutions, or go directly to the CSA for inquires about your account. 

But, if you can respond to certain posts who are trying to help, then maybe you can yeah or nay things and further help may be provided.

I am willing, if you are. Did you download your details for the past 2 weeks to have a look at data usage?

Dave86

Since they charged me for a full 30 day plan at the new data limit it damned well better have reset, aside from the fact that I was less than 2 days away from my old plan being renewed (I was on day 28 of 30 when I changed my plan), so yeah... If it didn't reset then I have even bigger issues with this company than I thought I did

Dave86

Reread what I wrote, I've had this device, and been with public mobile for over 2 years now, I have never once gone over 15 GB in a 30 day period, nothing about my usage or the device has changed, and yet it's now saying that I (I assume magically) have used more data in 2 weeks than I have EVER used in 30 days

If you're not going to fully read what you're replying to then kindly don't reply... Thanks

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Dave86  go by what the remaining data is showing in your My Account, as this is normally the most accurate:

esjliv_0-1660213701731.png

Also check...do you have your device set to warn you or disable data when it reaches a certain level? Check the settings of your device to see if you have a data limiter set, if so change the amount or remove it.

If you are looking at your device for data usage, this will sku results if you do not have your start date the same as your plan start date.

To see detailed usage, best to use the download option during a certain date filter; the detail snapshot is currently not showing accurately. Note, the details to take about 6-12 hours to populate in the downloaded method.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Dave86 wrote:

I just changed my plan to add an extra 5 GB of data as of the 27th of July, changing exactly nothing about how I actually use my device, I went from using less than 15 GB in 30 days, to somehow (according to your site) having used approximately 15 GB in less than 2 weeks.

THIS IS AN ERROR, my device itself tracks my data and says I've used 5 GB so far, I have spent the majority of the past 2 weeks on my home wifi, and (most crucially) I have made NO CHANGES to my mobile usage, (I use my phone exactly the same way that I always have) and I used to have data to spare after 30 days, yet somehow your system says I've used nearly 3 times as much data as I actually have

Don't go buy your phone's data tracking. It's not set for 30 days. Go to your account and check.  The usage details in the account is the number Public goes by.  When the plan changed, did the data use reset to zero?

Need Help? Let's chat.