cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage and Usage history pages don't add up

mydoghunter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, wondering why the Data usage page says I have used 214MB of data, but when I go to the usage history page to see when I used this data, all entries for the past 30 days add up to only about 100MB? 

Keep in mind these are BOTH PM pages and NOT a counter on my phone. You would expect them to be at least close!

15 REPLIES 15

mydoghunter

@geopublic Ok, I'll keep an eye on it. Unlikely though...I've been home all day connected to wifi and hardly used my phone. I just happened to be checking my account. I checked my kids accounts too, and same situation...hmmm...

@mydoghunter  Why not check your device. There is a delay on the data usage history. My experience is that the data counter on the landing page is accurate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mydoghunter wrote:

@Anonymous No, I have a great wifi connection. But I'm not as concerned about the amount of data reported as I am about the accuracy of it. PM should be able to explain to us how they track between the two pages, and why they don't add up! @CS_Agent 

The accuracy of the overview counter has taken on many comers...

I would say as gpixel4 guessed...it's a delay with the details that the counter doesn't have. If your phone is consuming data then that's your phone. The service is happily obliging.

But who knows. It's technology. Things happen.

mydoghunter

@geopublic  I'm not worried about the amount of data being used. PM should be tracking usage properly for us. How can they have 2 pages that tell us a different story?

@mydoghunter 

I would wait to contact the moderators until you have recieved both of your twice daily data updates in your usage history.

mydoghunter

@Anonymous No, I have a great wifi connection. But I'm not as concerned about the amount of data reported as I am about the accuracy of it. PM should be able to explain to us how they track between the two pages, and why they don't add up! @CS_Agent 

@mydoghunter you can message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

@mydoghunter  Why not check the data usage on your device. Just sync up the start date with your plans start date. You should be able to determine your data usage and which apps used it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mydoghunter wrote:

@Anonymous  Lately, I'm home and connected to wifi most of the time. I'm surprised if I have any data usage at all, so that's why it was so easy to see a discrepancy

Maybe a moderator can explain? How do I get one to look at my situation?

Do you have wifi failover or whatever flavour it's called on whatever phone? If you get out of range or a weak signal then maybe your phone flipped over to cell data. It's at that point that you'd need to make sure your phone won't do OS or app updates so as not to unnecessarily use up cell data when connected to it.

mydoghunter

@Anonymous  Lately, I'm home and connected to wifi most of the time. I'm surprised if I have any data usage at all, so that's why it was so easy to see a discrepancy

Maybe a moderator can explain? How do I get one to look at my situation?

@mydoghunter most definitely! thanks 👍. I'll get you back next month 😂

mydoghunter

@gpixel Are you at least making good use of it? 😁

@mydoghunter funny thing is, my usage history is saying I've used more data than my overview page... maybe I stole your data 🤏

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

@mydoghunter hmmm interesting. I'm guessing the usage on the "view my usage" page hasn't updated yet. and the overview page is more current. keep an eye on it

I second this. What's the possibility that you've used that much data just in the last day?

The overview page is pretty darn immediate. The details not so much.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@mydoghunter hmmm interesting. I'm guessing the usage on the "view my usage" page hasn't updated yet. and the overview page is more current. keep an eye on it

Need Help? Let's chat.