cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data stopped before full 1024mb and was charged twice doing top up

kaylal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My data stopped working with 2.3mb left, I purchased an add on for emergency use and still don't have anything. It also charged me an extra $10...

Since there's no actual customer support I guess I just post this here?

18 REPLIES 18

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As there is no call service by PM so only way to contact CSA is through private msg and creating ticket through chatbot. 

For holiday bonus 2GB data and 500 int'l minutes text/email not received issue.... did you stopped the msgs form PM like blocking 4911 or 611? 

It ll send an email as well before the text... check your SPAM folder as well.

@kaylal so, your data working now..??

kaylal

I'll try texting 4911 and seeing if I get anything that way, otherwise I'll wait for the agent to reply tomorrow then.

Thanks, just couldn't find a way to contact them earlier, every link on this site goes to Simon or whatever that chat bot is called lmao.

@kaylal wrote:

Thank you for the link to private message a CS agent, 

In data/add on usage it shows I've used 1021.6mb of regular plan and the add on is 0/1024mb.

Never received the holiday 2gb text.

I'm not bothering with pictures right now, I added $15 for the data and it charged me 15 then 10. Not sure how anybody here can refund that besides a CSA.

@kaylal  - 

Regarding the Holiday 2GB, have you tried calling 611? It will tell you your Addon balance (you need your Account PIN to access this).

If you did not receive the Minutes and DATA 2021 xmas freebies, try texting YES to 4911.

What is the message you get?

If after today you have not received these freebies, you will need to submit a ticket to CSA to obtain them.

@kaylal ok..if 0/1024 it looks good, you got the data you bought.

important thing, reboot your phone once

if you have  an Android, I think the block is on the device level, check Mobile Data page on your phone

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@kaylal wrote:

In data/add on usage it shows I've used 1021.6mb of regular plan and the add on is 0/1024mb.

I'm not bothering with pictures right now, I added $15 for the data and it charged me 15 then 10. Not sure how anybody here can refund that besides a CSA.

Is the $10 in Available Funds in self service? If yes, then just leave it there and it will be used on your next renewal.

kaylal

@kaylal 

If you prefer not to use Simple--Simon then you can use the following method but I would not expect an answer til morning.

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kaylal wrote:

My data stopped working with 2.3mb left, I purchased an add on for emergency use and still don't have anything. It also charged me an extra $10...

Since there's no actual customer support I guess I just post this here?

@kaylal  if the Plan Data Line is no longer showing in your Overview section of your Self Serve account then that normally means you have used up all your data.

Where did it show you the 2.3mb left?

If the addon Data you purchased IS showing on your Overview and you cannot use your data, try toggling into airplane mode, then toggling back to regular mode.

Can you use it now?

As for the double charge, are you able to take a screen shot of the payment history (removing any personal info.)?

FYI - Customer Support Agents are reached by 2 methods: SIMbot or Private Message, both found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

@kaylal calm down, ppl here are trying to help.. we all can read.   but sometimes ppl thought they did thing right and turn out they were wrong.  Not everyone as smart as you.

try reboot your phone once.

Also, check if your have data limit set on your phone.  Because PM runs on 30 days and phone usually take monthly cycle,  the limit could got mess up

if still fails, can you send us a Screenshot to show your My Data & Addons in My Account

(on the other hand, your comment with Copy And Paste was a honest comment,  your pointed out some long term issue here)

@kaylal 

Was your intention to or did you purchase the $5/200mb add on?

On another note did you get a text from 4911 about the holiday gift add on's? If yes did you reply YES?

@kaylal wrote:

Can you read? I PURCHASED the top up and then PURCHASED the add on.

It's active in my account. Public mobile is just a trash tier network with trash service and still overcharges.

Why even reply if it's not useful?

You are claiming add-on is available to use in your account? Does it show up on the overview page with some data left? You also claimed you were charged twice, have you looked on the Payment Transaction page? Include screenshots here without any personal info so we try our best to help. 

Be nice, we spare our precious time helping folks like you. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@kaylal wrote:

It's active in my account. Public mobile is just a trash tier network with trash service and still overcharges.

Your original post is: “and still don't have anything.”

….which contradicts “It’s active in my account”

We are customers here just like you trying to assist you. 

@kaylal 

You do know that folks here are just customers like you, right?  They're not Public Mobile employees. 

They're just trying to help. 

Most will give up when dealing with certain kinds of people. 

Kinda like I will be doing right......... now. 

Good luck!!!

kaylal

kaylal

Thanks for copy pasting some useless **bleep**. Yea it's a phone, I have restarted it, reconnected with the network, everything. 

That "submit a ticket" thing is a live chat with a robot bro...

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@kaylal 

Buying a data add on is a 2 step process. You added the funds. Now go back in and make the data add on purchase.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kaylal 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $$

Try To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

Follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’,
  5. after purchase successful you have to do Rebooting your phone
    what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

review of Add-ons visit Here link...

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

if you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Need Help? Let's chat.