cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming

MiaHabiba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In the U.S. Bought the $10 U.S. data roaming package. But I’m not getting access to data. Thoughts anyone?

12 REPLIES 12

MiaHabiba

Thanks!

Hello @MiaHabiba ,

As @gpixel posts you will need to buy the roaming add-on to use your services if you are in the U.S.A.

Note, these roaming add-ons are for 10 days, so only purchase the add-on just before you need to. These roaming add-ons, do not roll over future cycles (unless, of course, the 10 days cross over your renew day)

@MiaHabiba 

You need a US roaming add on.

roam.jpg

@MiaHabiba hi, yes you will need to purchase a 10 day addon or you can download the text now app. they also sell a sim card you can use in the US with a free number. instead of purchasing a roaming add-on, you can forward your number to the textnow sim

textnow.com

MiaHabiba

Hi everyone. I'm on the $50 per month plan. I understand it includes:

• - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US

My question is: Does many plan allow me to talk or text when in the U.S.? Or do I need a voice and/or data add-on to do so? I suspect i the answer is I need the add-on, but was hopeful someone could confirm ...

Many thanks, all.

c.

MiaHabiba

Appreciate the help. Thank you. Sorted myself out. You're right. It's not very intuitive. But I'm good now. Thanks again.

MiaHabiba

Many thanks. And yes, I sorted myself out.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MiaHabiba wrote:

In the U.S. Bought the $10 U.S. data roaming package. But I’m not getting access to data. Thoughts anyone?

@MiaHabiba   I'm guessing by now you managed to get your roaming to work but just in case since you asked about the $10 data roaming add-on you also need to enable data roaming on your phone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MiaHabiba 

1.  Make sure that the US roaming is on your overview page.

If not, check the amount of available fund in your account.  If your available fund is the same as your add-on you purchased.  Then, you need to use the available fund to purchase the roaming add-on.

2.  After you arrive at your US destination, restart your phone, you will be connected to AT&T or T-Mobile.  Enjoy your time at US.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MiaHabiba wrote:

To buy the 10 Day US Roaming data option, make sure you have $10 in Available Funds..then buy the US data add-on.

You might have to manually select the US network in your area.....(AT&T or T-Mobile)

@MiaHabiba wrote:

If you access to the internet using some other type of connection, I would go into your self serve account to make sure that the add-on was properly purchased. If a customer tries to purchase an add-on but the funds are not yet in the account, performing the add-on purchase procedure does nothing more than add the funds to your Public Mobile account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MiaHabiba wrote:

Did you buy the add-on "twice"? It's a bit non-intuitive. If you still see the amount you paid in your Available Funds then "buy" the add-on again.

Need Help? Let's chat.