cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data question

JB21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, in the early morning, I go for a one hour walk.   To get me through that brisk walk, I tend to listen to radio.   I had moved from a basic non-data plan to a basic data plan the previous month.   However, part way through the first data plan month, it appeared I did not have enough data so I think I requested a new increase in my monthly data plan to start today and added some 'temporary' data to get me through the rest of this last month.   Anyway, to make a long story short, the autopay occured yesterday and I checked both the remaining volume of data on my  auto-plan data plan and the add on and I have, in total over 3 GB.   And, in contrast to this obvious volume, my phone would play only in my house on wifi but when I went out for my walk, it would not play, no matter what I did.   (I might note that my account indicated monthly payment was taken yesterday and there is plenty of cash reserve sitting waiting to be taken - so it should not be a payment problem).   Help? 

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JB21 

turn off background data,

when your data limit used, is will off until next renewal cycle

at public mobile Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JB21 

Some great suggestions here seeing if your account still works for things other than data.  Restarting your phone sometimes helps too.  Have you also checked to make sure that Data was turned on, and that your phone hasn't restricted data use if you've set up some Limit?

On a different note, there are some phones with FM Radio feature built-in, or carrying another small radio can help you listen to local radio for free (without any data use).  I realize these are only for local stations, but could be an idea to help you save data/money.  🙂

@JB21 

Does talk and text work? Is your account status active versus suspended?

Maybe try reboot phone.  Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  Even a network rest of phone.

You can also try your SIM card in another working phone.  This helps determine whether PM service issue versus hardware setup problem.  

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

When you are on your walk, does Internet works t all?

Maybe it is just coincidence that all happened at the same time: monthly renewal, adding extra data.

My plan is going through renewal process today too so all kind of nasty messages appear (plan expired, etc.).

I suggest being patient as on renewal day some stuff might not work as expected but all will be in order around noon eastern time.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@JB21   You login to My Account and confirmed you have the data ?  Go to the main page (Overview Tab), there is a section about My Data and Add-ons, you should see a line of your monthly data and possibly another line about your add-on data you purhcased

So, on your phone, other than the radio app, can you use internet like browser with Mobile Data?  Just want to make sure your mobile data is working on other app as well.

Also, what kind of phone do you have?  iPhone or Android?  they both have different settings that could stop data working altogether or restricted data for some particular apps

Need Help? Let's chat.