cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

rickersilken
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, 

I am wondering why I am having troubles with data. It is not working. I tried all methods such as, restarting phone, taking SIM out and putting it back in, resetting network settings. It's possible that I am updated to IOS 15.4, but why would software be an issue? Still no luck. Anyone got a solution? 

68 REPLIES 68

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rickersilken   any luck?

this is what another member did using iTune to downgrade, please try:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Cellular-data-not-working/m-p/784280/high...

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

why people install Beta OS if they don't know how to rollback??

I like trying new things, but never will use my main phone or main laptop to try new OS.. not Beta for sure

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rickersilken : I'm sending you a private message with some things to try if you're interested. Click on the envelope next to your balloon avatar and then on the left side click on the subject line and then on the right side maybe click Expand. I don't know why it won't post here.

But please do reply back here with any findings.

@rickersilken 

Keep downgrading til it works. Some users had to go back to 14.1 to get it to work.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rickersilken  What was your backup from? When you had Beta or from before?

rickersilken

no. Sadly not. Thanks for the help though. 🙂 

@rickersilken 

I hope everthing finally worked for you.

If not, you might have to go to your local Apple Genius Store.

rickersilken

I did a full roll back. Everything was reset and i put my backup on. 

I could pretend to know what I'm talking about @rickersilken , however with this being an Apple beta thing, much like Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heros, "I know nothing, nothing!"

@rickersilken "STILL having trouble with my data not working"

What version of iOS is active? Did you actually roll back or just reboot?

As a beta tester be sure to report the issue. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

rickersilken

Trying it now. @HALIMACS 

Although I'm both an Android and Apple user, I would avoid that at all costs.

@rickersilken , maybe make an appt with the local Apple genius bar... never know, maybe they can assist.  

@HALIMACS   never try Beta OS if you don't get pay to being their tester.  

Ohh, this is an Apple thing @softech  --   nuff said.

rickersilken

Yes. Lots. I am paying for 10gb

@rickersilken wrote:

I already did that. Restored. 

When did you do that backup? before any beta ? You need a clean backup from non-beta version

Try to post on Apple Community for more help.. or a visit to Apple store ?

rickersilken

I havent tried that. 

I presume you've already confirmed (via self-serve site) that you indeed do have data allotment remaining?

If you do, there'll be a value displaying under your "My Data and Add-On's" section.

@HALIMACS , OP is on iOS 15.4 beta .. which has issue connecting to PM.  Multiple users confirmed. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Data-not-working/td-p/783237

@rickersilken   I guess  we should keep it on the same thread for easy tracking.

rickersilken

I already did that. Restored. 

@rickersilken wrote:

Do you think it would fix itself if I left it for awhile?

@rickersilken   unless a new beta comes out and fix the issue.

did you have any backup done before you jumped into Beta? like from iOS 14? 

If you want to immediately downgrade from the iOS 15 beta (public or developer), you’ll need to erase and restore your iPhone.  With this, you won’t be able to restore from the  backup done on iOS 15 . So, you will need to restore from a previous iOS 14 backup, one that you did before you jump into Beta

Before you do so, back up all the important things first, like photos , video , app settings etc

OK... and if you are able to put another provider SIM card in your device (which has a data component), can you access data with the other provider SIM?

rickersilken

Yes. 

rickersilken

ios 15.4

OK @rickersilken , does data work if you put the SIM card in another compatible device?

Just curious...

@rickersilken wrote:

Hi. I reset. My phone is completely new with my backup installed. Still not working. my data

@rickersilken   So, what iOS version you have now?

rickersilken

Hi again. 

I am STILL having trouble with my data not working. After I did a full reset of the phone and I have my backup installed. Data is not working. 

rickersilken

Hi. I reset. My phone is completely new with my backup installed. Still not working. my data

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rickersilken 
Deleting profile will only ensure you don't get future beta updates, and at this point (not sure when next beta will come) new beta version might even fix your issue. If you don't have back-up, Apple generally doesn't allow you to downgrade (not a big fan of this). You could try doing back-up now, but from my experience, you will not be able to use it as it will be from 15.4 and you will have 15.3 once you re-install all. 

You have few options

1. If you have other phone, use it till next official iOS comes up

2. Do a backup, and reset all the phone. Wait for next official update and then restore from backup

3. Reset the phone and re-install all

4. Wait for next Beta version that might fix the issue

In any case, I'd save whatever is important from your phone (photos, videos, any app settings etc) and be ready for the worst case scenario. You need to understand the risk of using Beta and I would never suggest it (especially if you did not prepare for it like doing backup before installing) 

Good luck. 

rickersilken

Do you think it would fix itself if I left it for awhile?

Need Help? Let's chat.