cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Jada_H
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have a problem. The current plan that I have is the $25 plan which includes talk/text and 1GB data. I had used up all my data, but purchased an add-on (1GB), however it is not working. My current plan has not expired as yet and I’m wondering if because of this why my data is not working. Also, if this is not the issue, how am I to go about fixing or getting my data to work? I would really like to get this fixed as soon as possible as I need to have data when I’m out. 

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jada_H 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

@Jada_H wrote:

I did that before but not after I added/activated the add-on to my account. Should I do that? 

@Jada_H   Yes, reboot after the addon is purchased.

Reboot the phone and see

Also, you might want to logoff My Account and Log back on.  Then on the overview page, confirm you see the 1GB data you just purchase is shown on your My Data & Add-Ons section

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Jada_H wrote:

I did that before but not after I added/activated the add-on to my account. Should I do that? 

Do it again.

Jada_H

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try turning off your phone and back on.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Jada_H wrote:

Thank you! I see now that it has been added to my account and is active, however, it is still not working when I test it. 

Have you done a reboot? Try to reset network settings?

Jada_H

Thank you! I see now that it has been added to my account and is active, however, it is still not working when I test it. 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Jada_H wrote:

Hi, I have a problem. The current plan that I have is the $25 plan which includes talk/text and 1GB data. I had used up all my data, but purchased an add-on (1GB), however it is not working. My current plan has not expired as yet and I’m wondering if because of this why my data is not working. Also, if this is not the issue, how am I to go about fixing or getting my data to work? I would really like to get this fixed as soon as possible as I need to have data when I’m out. 

As mentioned above, if you see the payment you've made appear in Available funds and no add-ons show up in the Overview of your Account, that means you've not completed the purchase process. Go to the Add-ons page again and make the purchase.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Does the add-on appear in your account ?

Purchasing add-ons is a two step process.  You need to make payment and add it to your account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

Need Help? Let's chat.