cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

gochaking
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent

My data is not working. However, I'm able to make calls and send SMS without issues.

I have already tried changing the APN settings and restarting the phone. But I still cannot access data. 

I was previously with Telus a few days ago until I activate my public mobile plan and transferred my number here. 

Any advice?

20 REPLIES 20

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gochaking unfortunate you had to go that far, but I'm glad to hear it's resolved 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

gochaking

Finally, I can have data access. The only solution was resetting the phone, which was my last resort.

After talking to tech support, it seems the issue is that although I have perfectly set up my APN settings,  my phone still recognized my current service provider as Telus (previous one). 

Re-enabling the sim card slots doesn't  help. 
The solution was to reset my phone and it now works perfectly. 

Thanks all for the help.

The community here and the mod team & tech team have been supportive. 

gochaking

@CS_Agent

I just tested the sim card in iphone 3gs

No issue with phone calls. "3G" icon is up , but cannot access any websites.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey Cadroe, 

Perfect! Thank you for letting me know 🙂

Testing the SIM in another phone would be the next step. If you find that the SIM card works in another device, then the issue is probably related to your phone. 

In that case, backing up your phone and doing a factory reset is the your best option to try resolving the problem. 

Let us know how all that goes! We will be waiting for your update 🙂

Saray 

gochaking

@srlawren

Talked to moderator about the SMS. They reboooted my SMS service, so it's working fine now.

@Acekiller

I will give it a try later tonight after work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It has to do with the android software glitch.  My LG G4 (and many others) had issue when they use their phone that was previously used on another network (mine was a koodo phone).  The data just wouldn't work no matter what the setting was.  However, once I backed up my phone and did a factory reset, the data works.

srlawren

@gochaking porting only affects inbound SMS, not outbound.  I'd recommend you reach out to the @CS_Agent again:

You will need to click here to send a private message to the @moderator_team for assistance. They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue.

In your message please include:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • Detailed explanation

Note: Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [All times in Toronto/Montreal time zone]. You can message them at any time, and they will respond as soon as possible within those working hours. More information about the community moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

gochaking

I now cannot send SMS.... I could on the first day when i activated the sim card after filling in the info for porting.

How would i know if my number is ported sucessfully? Does SMS sending have to do with number porting?

srlawren

@gochaking completely normal.  The "3G" plans are actually speed-limited 4G plans.  You will still get an LTE (4G) or HSPA (3G) signal, but speed is limited to 2.5 Mbps upload and 2.5 Mbps download. The naming is confusing, and Public Mobile seems reluctant to change it, despite much feedback from the community.  Please enjoy your new service!

gochaking

@Luddite

I signed up for a 3G data plan . But my phone on the top left corner is showing "4G" next to the phone signal icon. Possibly some issues in other settings, rather than APN?

srlawren

@gochaking FYI porting has nothing to do with data.  I'm guessing you may have experienced an activation glitch that's preventing the data from flowing to you.  You said you private messaged the @CS_Agent already right?  Hopefully you hear back from them soon.

gochaking

@Acekiller

I'm using Lenovo Vibe K5 

I checked my IMEI on public mobile, saying that there's no compatibility issue found.

Is there anything that I have overlooked

Acekiller

What phone are you using? you may need to do a factory reset, esp if you have a LG phone.

gochaking

@closng

4G / Lte is enabled. Still cannot use data.

@Luddite

Already sent pm to moderator team on this issue. 

Is there any notification that I will receive upon successful port in?

FYI, It seems I cannot even send SMS now.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@gochaking If you are porting from Telus and still have these issues the port-in has failed. You then need to click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your SIM card number and an explanation.

This service behaviour is typical of a transfer in progress. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

closng

Seems like a hardware related issue.

Have you tried toggeling your network to choose 4G/LTE?

Are you able to try the SIM card in a different phone?

KMG

Yes, you do have data as part of your plan, so it should be working.  What type of phone are you using?

gochaking

@ShawnC13 @Mr-Bump

Checked my account is active.

My data is included in the plan(?)

I'm not sure why 5Mb has been used. 

image.png

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@gochaking, have you logged in to self serve to verify that data is part of hte plan youhave chosen?  I would  just make sure it appears there in the addon section. then we can go from there.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mr-Bump
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Does it show you have data in the self serve section?

If you have checked your APN settings and have data available in your account, but still can't connect, you may need to PM the Mod Team with your account details. 

Need Help? Let's chat.