cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Topan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data is not working and it says i have to sign in to public mobile on my phone but when i try it says i am unable to access the web and provides a bunch of options as to why all i know is i paid my phone bill and now i cant access any calling to data now i feel like im being ripped off 

7 REPLIES 7

@Topan  So, you cannot call and no data as well?  If both Voice and Data not working, you are not affected by that Service impact situation last week

did you try signing in My Account again using Incognito mode?  Can you do it and tell us what is account status showing?  Also tell us if you see any Available Fund.  And check Payment history page and tell us when PM last charged you

Topan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i tried the reset like you said i may be affected by this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Service-Impacts/td-p/955119

if that is the case my biggest concern is why am i paying for data if i can not use it

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Topan - i'm a little confused by your post. Please confirm if your My Account says Active status.

When you call 611 (or # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device) what does the status say of your account?

If Suspended, make a manual payment and reactivate.

Even if your account status is Active, there could be other issues going on. Can you try turning off your phone for 5 minutes (power off completely), then turn it back on? does it work now?

Perhaps you are affected by this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Service-Impacts/td-p/955119

If powering off for 5 minutes does not help, nor does the other suggestions by others, contact ­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Topan  

Auto pay can fail

To make payment and reactivate plan .. if you know PIN number you can *611 with a voucher and *611  no PIN needed . You can also do this by by calling 18554PUBLIC . otherwise log into self serve make manual payment and reactivate service and or update credit card if necessary

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1678555127729.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

If you  still have service and your plan renews today / tomorrow you can ignore this suspended notice

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Topan 

i presume your other services ARE working (calling & texting)?

Re data:

•  change to a higher data plan
  •  add a data add on
  •  use wifi more
  •  ensure data saving options are enabled
  •  ensure data assist options are disabled

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Topan the " sign in to public mobile" on your phone means you  used up your data for thos cycle 

login to My Account using Incognito mode and you should see it shows data used 100%

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Topan , by chance is your account in suspension?  Even then you should be able to access the account using WiFi. 

Need Help? Let's chat.