cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working on iPhone SE (2020)

anitabeans
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ever since I got my iPhone SE (2020) and put in my Public Mobile SIM, I have not been able to use data to go online. I have Googled and tried more than half a dozen suggestions for a fix with no luck. I've submitted a ticket to Public Mobile for help and am waiting for a reply, but has anyone else found the magic solution to this issue? 

10 REPLIES 10

anitabeans

Thank you, @Chalupa_Batman, you **GENIUS**! The first set of steps didn't work, but your "if that doesn't work" second option was the answer! Thank you for your incredibly helpful, clearly worded solution. You walked me right through the problem and solved it. So grateful for your help. 🙏

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@anitabeans 

Is your phone on iOS 17.5.1? If not, update your phine and see if that helps.

anitabeans

Yes

0ob

Nokia XR20

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @anitabeans 

I use the iPhone SE 2020 for PM myself. Looking at my settings now, I go into Cellular then make sure Cellular Data is turned on.. green...  then go down to Network Selection and turn off automatic and pick Public Mobile. Then below it is Cellular Data Network. Click and then click on reset settings. Then click on APN and use isp.mb.com and leave username and password blank. then leave out of there. Then reboot your phone. That SHOULD clear that up. If it doesn't, then go back into settings, go to General, scroll to bottom, Transfer or Reset iPhone, then click on reset. Then a list comes up of reset options. CLick on Reset Network Settings. Then once that is done, go back into the APN settings and it's still set for the same as mentioned above. Reboot. Then you should be up and running. 

EDIT: If this once again doesn't work, then others here will have to continue helping you as I'm dead tired and going to bed. 

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@anitabeans 
Go to you settings, cellular, cellular data network

make sure APN  = sp.mb.com

Username and password empty

@0ob wrote:

I just changed my plan & haven't been able to use data for the last couple days. Sounds like a similar issue and I'm on Android (Nokia). SMS & Calls work fine for me. 

which model Nokia are you using ?

0ob

I just changed my plan & haven't been able to use data for the last couple days. Sounds like a similar issue and I'm on Android (Nokia). SMS & Calls work fine for me. 

@anitabeans 

does voice call work? how about SMS and MMS?

Did the phone with other provider? which one was it?  Can you put in that particular provider sim (of course an active one, maybe borrow from a friend) and confirm if data still works

And you tried Reset All networks? iOS update and update to the latest Carrier Profile?

did you try to Reset your phone (Wipe and setup again)?

If you tried all that, that could be a question with Apple, you might want to open a ticket with Apple instead

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@anitabeans 

is Cellular Data enabled in Settings ?

Need Help? Let's chat.