cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data is not working

CatherineClarke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I have the 250MB data plan ($15/mo), and I am unable to use it.  My usage history on the site for "data" only shows a small amount of data usage for the past 3 days, but none in the 90 days before that (see screenshot below). However, the 250MB data limit always shows as fully used on my account. I reactived my number a few months back in late May, but I am not convinced the data part has ever worked. Calling and texting continue to work fine. Please advise...

CatherineClarke_0-1661131268793.png

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CatherineClarke - Have you ever been able to use data?

Go by what is showing in your overview area when you first log into My Account, showing something like below. This is normally the best area to go by to see what is remaining on your account.

esjliv_0-1660215490003.png

If you are really wanting to see the detailed usage, please download the details as @softech is describing, as that snapshot view of the data usage does not work properly yet unfortunately.

Note, the downloaded details for data takes about 6-12 hours to populate in the detailed area, just so you are aware of this.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CatherineClarke 

What is the make and model of your phone? Can you send/receive MMS? Can you only access the internet while on wi-fi? Do you have your mobile data turned on? Recently there's been reported issues with the APN in your phone defaulting to telus can you check in your settings>>mobile networks>>access point networks>>?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Have you checked it a few times throughout the day? The new overhaul on the self serve is very buggy and is giving inaccurate numbers some times but if you go in later (even like a minute or 2) the numbers are completely different and more accurate. I hope this is something they will iron out soon.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@CatherineClarke 

tried use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page

to check your Data history.

or call *611 press 3 and you need your 4 digit PIM.

it is just a glitch in the system there is a new design for a lot customer same issue but don't worry very soon them will fix it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CatherineClarke   

Please use Incognito mode (or InPrivate/Private mode) to login to My Account to check usage.  The page have some serious cache issue, and you might be checking some old cached version of the page.  Using Incognito mode will assure you got the latest updated usage. 

For usage, check the usage in the front page , dashboard.  The usage there is most updated

The Usage history page is good, except.. there is some filter issue. So, if you just go straight to filter last 90 days for dat, it won't work.    Check my previous post on the Usage history page-filter problem and workarounds

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Usage-History-page-Filter-problem/td-p/84...

In short, best to download the usage in XLSX (excel) format and then filter the result using Excel

Need Help? Let's chat.