cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying a deactivated account with Auto renewal

Mikebuckley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good day

I just paid on my account because it was automatically deactivated due to no funds. I went on and manually paid the bill. However, the last time I did this the system automatically went in, after the fact, and withdrew the funds AGAIN. I am hoping this doesn’t happen again. Can someone check and make sure because the last time it took literally months to get my refund. 

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mikebuckley 

The only autoplay glitch in recent memory that deducted the funds after the customer manually topped up to reactivate their account was this past spring on April 1st. The system wide glitch only double charged any customer who after being suspended manually topped up their account to reactivate it and when pm rebooted the system the following night auto pay picked up where it left off 24 hours before and it automatically renewed everyone's plan that was supposed to be renewed the night before. As a result any customer who had manually topped up their account was double charged and their plan renewed again after one day. Otherwise auto pay will not kick in if the account has been paid for renewal or has enough funds in the account balance to pay for the plan so if the funds already been deducted and your renewal has occurred and been paid for there's no reason to suspend your auto pay because auto pay will not renew your plan services again in your account.

If this was the cause of your last double payment that would explain why your refund took so long because there were so many customers affected by this unusual system wide glitch. That's why it's always suggested to take a credit in your account to pay for your next renewal because the system will always take the available funds first before auto pay will kick in. Suspending auto pay only prevent you from getting your autopay data bonus and your $2 autopay reward.

@Mikebuckley   just a reminder, if you turn off Autopay, make sure you manually top up the amount ahead of time

Also, please note one thing.  There is a confusing (error) on My Account with the plan cycle.  Let say you have renewed today, you might see it showing Current Plan Cycle: Aug 22, 2022- Sept 21, 2022

The truth is, the cycle is actually Aug 22, 20022 - Sept 20, 2022 because PM is running on a 30 days cycle.  You need to top up on Sept 20 or before as the next cycle will start on Sept 21.  If you don't top up on Sept 20 or before , your next cycle will be suspended with Sept 21 comes

Mikebuckley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the response. I should have learned from the last time lol. I went in and checked and it looks like only one payment was taken out so I turned off auto pay. Hopefully that will prevent the second one from coming out.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mikebuckley wrote:

Good day

I just paid on my account because it was automatically deactivated due to no funds. I went on and manually paid the bill. However, the last time I did this the system automatically went in, after the fact, and withdrew the funds AGAIN. I am hoping this doesn’t happen again. Can someone check and make sure because the last time it took literally months to get my refund. 

@Mikebuckley   if you checked too early during the morning of the renewal, the account could have be still showing Suspended but the truth is that PM system still was renewing your account.  The rule of thumb is , do not manually load fund on the morning of the renewal unless you have no service at all (no voice and no data) and you see the account showing Suspended at the same time

As to checking if PM got just once of twice the money.  What you have posted here is the Community, we are all just customers like you.  But you can check it yourself.  Go to My Account, Transaction history page and check if it shows once or twice of funding loading this morning.  You are best to use Incognito mode to login to My Account for most accurate info

Need Help? Let's chat.