cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add-on

djpoundkey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I added 1G of data a few months ago and it keeps charging me for the extra 1G that I only needed for the one month. How do I delete the 1G so I am not being charged the extra $15 every month?

22 REPLIES 22

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HALIMACS  Or from what everyone posted. OP found the problem and just didn't want to respond.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@HALIMACS...agreed, but to go to all the trouble to post question in Community Forum, then not initiate any suggestion other than contact CSA...well I'd like to know the result of his issue.

Absolutely agree @hairbag1 

A lot of folks replied here with very plausible suggestions and instead of giving us the opportunity to provide the reason, one user suggests contact the CSA, and off they go.

Again, to each their own.  

@djpoundkey   Would you be kind enough to share what the CSA's advised you was the cause of the issue you brought forth to the Community? 

This would be for the betterment of the Community's learning.

Thank you.

We tried our best to ask for transaction log, let's hope OP would come back with it.  If not, we might need to assume there is some new service that went live and  we don't know  🙂

@HALIMACS...agreed, but to go to all the trouble to post question in Community Forum, then not initiate any suggestion other than contact CSA...well I'd like to know the result of his issue.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@djpoundkey wrote:

My bill was $25 before I did the one time add, now I get charged $40 every bill. I waiting to hear from customer service. Thanks

Several forum suggestions were to add a screenshot of your plan detail. If you do that....we can surely make sense of what you are currently paying for. I know you say different...but it sounds like you've upgraded to $40 plan some time in the past. With a screenshot of plan detail, we can eliminate.

I wondered that as well, @hairbag1 

However the data allotment for the $40 plan is more than 2GB, so (while it may be possible), it doesn't fit the narrative of what's been provided thus far.

This will continue to be a mystery so long as the OP elects to deal with CSA's vs the Community (who could have long-since solved the mystery)

Their service - their choice.   We'll just have to respect that.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@djpoundkey 

Is the account and service yours, or is it for someone else?

Could the 'user' of the service be purchasing the add-on each cycle themselves (if you are not the user)?

It is strange as PM has no recurring add-ons. They are all 'one time deal'.

Maybe somebody with access to your account is playing practical joke and is adding add-on every month?

Post screenshot of your transactions so we can analyze them...

@djpoundkey wrote:

My bill was $25 before I did the one time add, now I get charged $40 every bill. I waiting to hear from customer service. Thanks

@djpoundkey , can you check the Transaction log and check the last 3 months, 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/

Kindly send us copy and paste those entries and we can try to understand

@djpoundkey wrote:

Several forum suggestions were to add a screenshot of your plan detail. If you do that....we can surely make sense of what you are currently paying for. I know you say different...but it sounds like you've upgraded to $40 plan some time in the past. With a screenshot of plan detail, we can eliminate.

BeachNBeer

@djpoundkey  If you post a screenshot from "view payment history" the link right under make a payment. Use dropdown on the page to select 90 days. We could probably let you know what is going on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djpoundkey : Pictures tell a 1000 words. Overview page and/or payment history from here while you wait for the CSA's would help us help you solve the mystery. Then the CSA's would fix anything necessary.

@djpoundkey 

Is the account and service yours, or is it for someone else?

Could the 'user' of the service be purchasing the add-on each cycle themselves (if you are not the user)?

djpoundkey

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djpoundkey 

is can't be charged the extra $15 every month just to you know the Add-ons one time Purchase is will keep in your account until you used all,

for your plan data when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

@djpoundkey   Add-ons are not not reoccurring. 

Post us the transaction log for the past couple months and maybe we can make sense of it?

BeachNBeer

@djpoundkey  Can you post a screenshot of your payment history like @HALIMACS  screenshot. So we can see what is going on to help you solve the problem. 

@djpoundkey wrote:

I had a $25 plan, I added a 1G now it charges me $40 every month instead of $25.  I didn't change my plan.

Well that sounds strange, @djpoundkey 

So are you CURRENTLY on the $25 plan?

Can you post a screenshot of your Plan Details & 90-day Transaction History for us to view?

Of course, blank out any/all personal information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djpoundkey wrote:

I had a $25 plan, I added a 1G now it charges me $40 every month instead of $25.  I didn't change my plan.

@djpoundkey 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

djpoundkey

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@djpoundkey   did you update your plan to $25?  Or you always at $25?  If you are looking at the Transaction history, it will always break your $25 plan into 2 lines:

1GB at 3G Speed/ 1Go à la vitesse 3G $15.00
30-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00

if this is the case and if you don't need the data, you can go to change plan and change your plan to the $15 plan  here:  Public Mobile - ChangePlanLandingPage

just make sure you pick the correct choice to change plan: Change on Next renewal date

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@djpoundkey wrote:

I added 1G of data a few months ago and it keeps charging me for the extra 1G that I only needed for the one month. How do I delete the 1G so I am not being charged the extra $15 every month?

@djpoundkey 

When you say you "added" the 1G of data, did you purchase an add-on at some time in the last few months?

If you're on the $25 plan, your payment history will split the talk and data portions into each component of $10 talk + $15 data.

Could that be what you're seeing?

EDIT:   one of mine looks like this:

HALIMACS_0-1640647920466.png

BeachNBeer

@djpoundkey  All add-ons are one time purchases. No reoccuring fees. Can you look through your transaction history to see what you're being charged for?

You can post a screenshot black out personal information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djpoundkey : That doesn't sound right at all. Can you post a screenshot of your payment history.

Edit: or maybe you're confused with seeing it staying on your account. Add-ons are a buy once, consume over time. They stay on your account until fully consumed.

Need Help? Let's chat.