cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage shows 100% but it's not correct

mizrael82
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi, the website is showing my data usage as 100%, but I don't think that information is correct. I have downloaded the usage history and from the beginning of the current cycle (November 11) I have consumed roughly 788.52MB, definitely not 1GB. I can also see the data usage on my Samsung phone directly, and there it's 827MB of mobile data.

7 REPLIES 7

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Logging out and back in might also help your account show the correct usage. Today my dad's account showed way more usage than expected, so he logged out and back in again and it showed the correct amount on the second try. He didn't use incognito or delete his cookies. Might be worth trying if you haven't yet.

@katalya007 

the simple solution is to press the refresh button. you don't have to do all that incognito stuff...

Screenshot_20221105-074125.png

@katalya007   another way to test, can you use Data on your phone now?  (it shouldn't if it is 100% used, unless you have other data add-on on your account)

Yes, Incognito mode. Always use that to check My Account for most updated info

katalya007

Interestingly enough, when I signed in this morning, my account was fine - I made some changes and came back and it also said my data was fully used. I'm not too worried about it though, I always go by the motto that " technology is perfect" ...
@Outdoorsman I will test this out to see if it works for me. Thanks!

mizrael82

ok so I logged in using incognito mode and the website is now showing 779.01MB. However, this morning I received a text saying that I used 95% of my data, which should be 950MB...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mizrael82 

So, is your data stopped working?

And with the data usage on Samsung phone, make sure you change the data cycle date to match the PM cycle date.

PM is on 30 days cycle, so  the cycle start date will change. Your phone cycle is running on monthly, so a manual change is needed monthly.  Please make sure you updated  the "Start billing cycle on" 

E-MobileData.png

And for the usage on My Account, try login again using Incognito mode to confirm you are getting the correct info

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@mizrael82 hi there is a cache issue with accounts,use a different browser in private or incognito mode sign back in an see if it clears up 

Need Help? Let's chat.