cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage not real time?

Hummm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It seems Data Usage shown in your app is not real time? How long is the lag? Not sure, a few minutes, a few hours? 

I would suggest to add a time stamp to it, e.g. "474 MB Used, updated Dec 1, 12:27 ET". 

8 REPLIES 8

Hummm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Given the range of responses here (i.e. real time, not real time, delayed somewhat, can't tell, etc.) Public Mobile should revise how the data usage information is presented so it's abundantly clear when the data was updated.

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When I log into the app, the overview shows when it was last updated and you can tap to refresh it.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hummm 

The data usage on the overview page is real time but not those on the Usage history page ( https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/usage-details )

PM  usually only updates the usage history it twice a day (2 entries only). 

So, any entry you see is just a total usage between that timestamp and the timestamp of the previous entry.  The early morning usage  you see on the Usage log does not mean it was used in the morning but a total usage for the last 12 hours.

Also, for correct usage reading, always use Incognito mode to login My Account to avoid reading cached old info

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

As per previous experience PM updates data usage twice a day so I do not think it is real time.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hummm 

PM updates your usage twice a day. Around midnight and around noon.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hummm  No it's not real time, you'll get a daily summary.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Hummm @pm updates its usage 2x a day so when viewing it you seeing the last 12 hours usage used best way to check your account usage is 

Try again incognito/private mode

And or lap top /computer

OR

simply try refreshing the page to check data plan / mins / add ons

Handy1_0-1701452170802.jpeg

For most up to date account info

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sometimes if off by minutes other times it’s off by hours. No way to know when it’s going to be correct.

Need Help? Let's chat.