cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage in the overview automatically indicates >100 MB used when new cycle starts on Aug 21, 24

TH1381
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In the PM web page, the "Data Usage" in the Overview page automatically indicates more than 100 MB used when new cycle starts today (Aug 21, 24).  It happened last cycle also.  

Data Usage taken at 10:39 PM tonight (Aug 21, 2024)

Aug 21, 24 OverviewAug 21, 24 Overview

Usage History taken at 10:40 PM tonight (Aug 21, 2024)

Aug 21, 24 Usage HistoryAug 21, 24 Usage History

Among the 102.97MB indicated, the 2.97 MB is most likely actually used by me, but not the 100 MB.  From the above Usage History, one can see that my normal daily usage is not more than 5 MB.

I will show my Usage History again tomorrow once August 21, 24 usage has been updated in order to prove my point.

6 REPLIES 6

saturna
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@umnikke8 wrote:

Yep it's a bug, happened to me 2 months in a row so far too. Support said the Overview is wrong and that 100MB of data hasn't been used. They also said they are working on it, but it's been a while, so who knows.

But it looks like the counter will not reset, like it used to with the 5.2MB buffer of old, does it? If so, customers are cheated out of the 100MB. That's 40% of total plan data that someone might actually count on for emergencies.

Not cool, PM!

ETA: We had one account (ported out in June) that all of a sudden would not show data usage at all in the overview page and the usage history was all over the place, showing zero when the phone usage showed 1GB used for the timeframe, and random amounts when the phone was off for a few days... So no indication of what the actual use was but then suddenly it would cut the data off without warning. This went on for three or four months, we did all the due diligence tryin to access the data on the app, different browsers, clearing cache and incognito mode, all with the exact same result. Multiple CSA accused us of making things up and refused to do anything. 

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yep it's a bug, happened to me 2 months in a row so far too. Support said the Overview is wrong and that 100MB of data hasn't been used. They also said they are working on it, but it's been a while, so who knows.

saturna
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Experiencing the same thing. $15 plan renewed overnight, on checking the account to make sure that everything renewed properly I find 100+MB usage in less than 8 hours overnight that is just impossible (the phone was off between 8pm and 5am PST , and even if it were on - I'm meticulous in restricting background data use and allow updates on WiFi only... Up to this I barely, if at all, used up the 250MB in the full cycle for years.)

You say it happened last cycle as well... Have you taken this up with CSA? Did they acknowledge the problem and give you the 100MB back? Just wondering if it's worth my time contacting them, or just use this as just another incentive to port this number elsewhere...

@TH1381 , the first screen cap is a real time meter of usage in the current plan cycle.  The second screen cap is a breakdown of daily usage.  You are looking at 2 different time periods.  

@TH1381 when you check again tomorrow, please use browser with Incognito mode as well as try using the Public Mobile app 

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TH1381 

Data usage gets updated once or twice a day, check again tomorrow morning after 8 am EST, it should display the correct usage

Need Help? Let's chat.