cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Doesn’t Seem to be Working

TessieBoo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A new day, a new question……

I upgraded my plan yesterday to the new special, $40 for 4GB and 15GB of data.  I turned on my data 45 minutes ago, and have been trying to download a picture for the same length of time.  I’ve rebooted my phone twice, and turned my wifi off, and it’s still stuck in downloading.  Now that I have a whole lot more data, I would like to use it.  Can anyone advise me what to try next?  Thank you so much. 
oh, my new plan started today as it’s my renewal date.

33 REPLIES 33

TessieBoo

Thankyou! Almost exactly what I received from the moderator….. I’ll go back in and fill in the spots that he missed giving me. I wondered why he didn’t mention the last few things there.

TessieBoo

Thank you….the moderator gave me all the information I needed to fill in those missing things in the APN section.

TessieBoo

I know I’m sending this to myself, but I don’t know how else to do this…..I want to thank you ALL for your patience and understanding while trying to help me with this problem.  It is very kind of you all!  My data is now up and running, and it should be fine from now on.  Virtual hugs to you all!

Screenshot_20220915-224026.png

It's not hard to put in. If you found your way to seeing no APN's listed then tap Add or + and start typing. Save. Select as the current APN. Go in and then out of airplane mode. Try browsing to a page.

TessieBoo

Thank you!  I’m just waiting for the agent to get back to me.  Thank you for this valuable information!

TessieBoo

lol…actually, that’s exactly what I’ve been doing ever since he replied to my message.  Thaks so much for your input!  I appreciate it!

@TessieBoo 

lol stop clicking on things. just let the agent help you. and the next time you would like to make any changes to your account please just come to the community. 🤣

While you're waiting between replies from them:

Name: PM

APN: sp.mb.com

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS Port: 8799

APN Type: default,mms,supl

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Mobile virtual network operator: 4D

Other fields should come in as default or just leave them be.

TessieBoo

Actually, we just realized that there isn’t any APN entered.  I’m now working with an agent, and hopefully he’ll be able to help me.   Thank you for your input.

Can you provide images of your APN settings? Perhaps something is slightly off.

TessieBoo

Thanks, I just cancelled it.  

TessieBoo

Android

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Without looking in your history...for this thread, what phone are you using? iphone or Android?

@TessieBoo    You can cancel the scheduled plan change before the next cycle as it shouldn't be necessary.  Send a private message to CS_Agent instead if you're having problems with the ticket.  You should be able to verify with your phone number.

TessieBoo

Great…..now I can’t put in a to open a ticket because it won’t accept my password, or my pin #.  I went into my account, and changed my pin#, and it still gave an error message .  Now, this morning when I went into my account, it reflected the new plan, and it looked like the new rate was charged to my credit card.  I just checked my statement, and the charge for the new plan is on there. This afternoon when I went in to my account, it was showing the old plan.  So, I once again chose the new plan to start next cycle….I’ve probably really screwed things up now.

TessieBoo

Thanks so much!  Am going to open a ticket now.

TessieBoo

I tried everything except trying the SIM card in another phone because I don’t have another phone to try it in.  I’m opening  a ticket now.  Thanks for your help.

@TessieBoo 

you need to contact customer support to fix your account because you most likely messed it up. if your renewal is today and you changed your plan yesterday without manually adding $40 to your account. then the account didn't provision correctly 

TessieBoo

No, softech, it is not working at all.  I’ve always had trouble with getting the data to work.  A friend of mine is with PM as well, and he’s never had trouble using his data.  Thanks, I will open a ticket….that is if I can remember how…lol

@TessieBoo   if the data works, but just slow, yes, wait until it is after 48 hours

but if you are not downloading at all, then open ticket with PM support

TessieBoo

Ok everyone, I’ll leave it for a few days, and try it again.  I didn’t expect it to be instantaneous, but thought I would still have 3G.

Thanks everyone for your kind help….lol…hope it all comes together in a few days, or I’ll be back.

@TessieBoo   Yes, the data should still work regardless of what speed it may currently be.  If the suggestions haven't worked, then contact customer support as suggested.

BTW, did you try removing your SIM and rebooting the phone, or try it another phone and reboot and then back and reboot?

TessieBoo

I changed it yesterday, and my renewal date is today.  I went into my account this morning, and my plan is changed to the new one.  I thought it would still work, but on the 3 G.  

TessieBoo

Yes, but I’ve always had data, would shouldn’t  it still work?

@TessieBoo   there were some posts about data issue after plan changed.  Seems like you tried everything you can on your end, just open ticket with PM Support:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

TessieBoo

Yes, I logged in this morning and my account shows the new plan with the 15GB of data@4GB now, and not 3. I’ve had 2GB  all along until this upgrade, and I’ve always had trouble getting it to work for me.

TessieBoo

Ok, I removed the SIM card, and put it back in, and it’s still not downloading, just spinning.  Perhaps I should try rebooting again?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@TessieBoo   The data speed takes upto 48 hours to change after a plan change from 3G to 4G.  When did you change your plan?

edit:  oops, nvd, didn't read the question properly.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you upgraded from 3G to 4G, full speed will be available in a few days. It is not instantaneous.

Need Help? Let's chat.