cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add-on

karenob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.   Just returned from Months in Europe and in self isolation since my return Thursday.   Put SIM card back in and network restored immediately (I didn’t cancel my service).   I am in a remote location with no other internet connection for another 10 days.   Currently on 40 plan that has 4.5 gb and 1 gb promo.    What is the best data add on to provide additional data over next 10 days.    I’m at 75% usage after only 4 days

6 REPLIES 6

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@karenob  very expensive, it may be better to switch immediately to the $50 plan. You can always switch back after the current crises. You will also get free calling to the US from Canada with this plan

Screenshot_20200323-100237.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@karenob 

Turn off OS and app updates. Turn off background data for non-critical apps (decide what is actually required). Turn off images in browser (sites will look kinda odd). Turn off cell data when not in use anyway.

The benefit of the add-ons is that upon plan renewal they'll step back and wait to be needed again. They stay on your account until consumed.

@karenob once you get really low you can switch to 50 plan immediately or you can ask moderators to renew you early. On both cases you would have to put money on your account (the full amount of your plan)

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

@karenob  it would be cheaper to renew your plan early when you run out of data.

What you have to do is add money to cover your plan to your balance and contact moderators to renew your plan early.

No refund on unused days but your plan will Renew with your data refereshed.... Link below how to contact moderators via SIMon

Click here 

Another option you can do on your own when you run out of data...is to choose another plan with more data...and change to that one. You would choose new plan and select "change now". So it changes and Charges you right away. Again no refund on unused days from old plan. 

Then once you change to new plan with more data you can go back and change back to your old plan for the next 30 day period by selecting " change at next renewal".

karenob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks.   Seems like this is probably going to be a little expensive as solution.    

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Data add-on is $30 for 1 gig.

Need Help? Let's chat.