nice to know that's possible

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

Cheers🍻

@Jb456   Cheers!

Comes up first by the time you type in....Renew plan early

@darlicious  changed title to your suggestion 👍

@Jb456  Nice job....the only thing I would change would be the subject line so when typing it in the search bar it's easy to remember and /or find.  Like RENEW PLAN EARLY via SIMON. Or just so it's just easy for the neophyte to try and guess what they are looking for....

@computergeek541   Has pm forgotten their name? Is it Public Mobile or Corporate Mobile?

@Jb456 

I applaud you for this useful information.  I will say that simply typing in "rep" will skip one of this steps.  However, I will say that for whatever reason, that Public Mobile does not want customers to be typing in rep or human at the prompt.  In all honesty, I would also skip SIMon as much as possible when opening a ticket, but Public Mobile discourages this.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456  Nice tutorial, with all the appropriate pics! 👍 

@LovesToPM wrote:

It is interesting that SIMon doesn't (yet) inform users of the other available options.
- change plan immediately
- renew plan early
or to suggest consulting the communuity forum for others' feedback.

SIMon still running on Windows XP 😂😂

Well when customers state "I ran out of data", if they are just renewing their plan, it's possible they are just setting themselves up for the same repeat steps again in a few weeks time. This becomes a hassle for both the customer and PM.

It is interesting that SIMon doesn't (yet) inform users of the other available options.
- change plan immediately
- renew plan early
or to suggest consulting the communuity forum for others' feedback.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Jb456  Great initiative.

Here are some suggestions (maybe not all good):
- Choose a topic like "How to renew my plan early?"
- Add some comments regarding plan renewal so that people are aware of the options and consequences:
1. Changing your plan at next renewal date
2. Changing your plan effective immediately
3. Renew your same plan (because you ran out of data, etc.)

More info here about changing plans: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

@LovesToPM  this is not to change plans...it's to simply renew your current plan early. It's a common topic on the forums. "I ran out of data how can I renew early" then we tell them the only way to renew your SAME plan early is to contact the moderators. 

Simon does not handle the question "renew plan early" as you can see from below.

Screenshot_20200204_130003.jpg

Screenshot_20200204_130855.jpg

Even though it's clearly an option in Simon as provided by the instructions I listed.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456  Great initiative.

Here are some suggestions (maybe not all good):
- Choose a title like "How to renew my plan early?" so it can be easily searched.
- Add some comments regarding plan renewal so that people are aware of the options and consequences:
1. Changing your plan at next renewal date
2. Changing your plan effective immediately
3. Renew your same plan (because you ran out of data, etc.)

More info here about changing plans: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Need Help? Let's chat.