cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged SIM card. NO Service Can't buy SIM locally

Casper41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I vought a new unlocked cell phone but damaged my SIM when transferring. SIM cards can no longer be bought locally. My cell phone is down until I receive the new SIM in the mail. ( 5 to 7 business dayx) according to Public Mobile. GREAT I hope no one calls or text me

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Casper41 

Call first but you have 4 options in Windsor to purchase a pm Sim card ($10+tax).

Screenshot_20221104_022054_Chrome~2.jpg

Casper41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Windsor ON

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LeePublic wrote:

@Casper41 

Shoot! That really sucks! If you are willing to switch to Lucky Mobile, you can get a SIM for $4 at Dollarama. That is the quickest and the cheapest option..... However, if you want to stay with PM, then Amazon Prime would be the best bet.

Just to say, you could also buy the Lucky SIM, sign up with a new # for $15 (either 100min and 250MB, or 750MB) and get out within a month. No you won't get incoming calls and texts (and you mentioned that) but at least you'll have service of some kind. Don't think you can beat it for cost.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Casper41 

Where are you located?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Casper41 

You can buy a SIM from Amazon, Telus/Koodo store or PM.

Meanwhile, if you can connect to wifi, you can use WhatsApp or TextNow app for free text and talk.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mustafar Thanks, now clarified Public sims.

Mustafar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sold out of Lucky mobile sim cards or public mobile? Ty

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Casper41 

Shoot! That really sucks! If you are willing to switch to Lucky Mobile, you can get a SIM for $4 at Dollarama. That is the quickest and the cheapest option..... However, if you want to stay with PM, then Amazon Prime would be the best bet.

Update, Amazon is completely sold out of Public SIM cards because of a recent particular promo. So you might be out of luck.

@Casper41 wrote:

I vought a new unlocked cell phone but damaged my SIM when transferring. SIM cards can no longer be bought locally. My cell phone is down until I receive the new SIM in the mail. ( 5 to 7 business dayx) according to Public Mobile. GREAT I hope no one calls or text me

Depending on your location, Amazon may offer next day delivery as a Prime member (trial membership is free).  Please be aware that no all sellers of these Public Mobile SIM cards are authorized retailers, but in the past Public Mobile has sold directly and had Amazon ship them.

Mustafar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry for your loss brother. I was indeed in a very similiar situation, however mkne was more servere. I had a health emergency and no one at public mobile was there to help. 

All i have to say is thank god for companies like Bell. 

Iknow tell me more .. lol all i get is you get is " you get what you pay for" 

Were just zeros dont forget that! 

Need Help? Let's chat.