cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Loses Signal Overnight

PreachJohn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The phone is kept in the same place as always. I would sometimes receive messages overnight while in silent mode and check them in the morning. Lately I have no signal in the morning when I open the phone.

I toggle Airplane Mode and Data, and even Reset Network. Finally I have a signal.
In Posts all kinds of suggestions are made. No changes on my phone. Once I restore the signal it works everywhere I go until resting overnight.

I lean that a Tower is at fault in my area, but have no one locally to compare service to. Or even a bad SIM card is a real possibility I don't notice mentioned.

2 REPLIES 2

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PreachJohn 

checked the account is active?

No data and voice at all

check Telus outage page, but small local outage might not be reported there

https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages

Try reseat the sim card with reboot.  Power off phone, take sim out and wipe it clean before putting it back and power up

You already tried Reset all networks, and you don't have another phone to test, only thing to try is to test in another area.

Also, ask your neighbors who are on Telus/Bell/Koodo/Virgin/Lucky and see if they have service outage too

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PreachJohn  Try resting network settings . Or can you also try SIM card in another phone see if that helps at all 

Need Help? Let's chat.