cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTFM Tones Not Working on A Company's Phone Systems (but works when called from Rogers Mobile)

dk1604
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, when I call into work, and try to navigate the phone system using DTMF tones (ie press '0' to speak to an operator, etc.) I am unable to do so from my Public Mobile number.  Yet, it works perfectly fine if I originate the call from a Rogers (or Fido) hosted mobile number.  The issue also arises with a Koodo or Telus Mobility hosted number so this isn't a PM specific issue but rather a Telus Mobility issue.

I've been told there is a problem between the providers (Telus to Shaw in this case) in that they are not correctly negotiating how DTFM tones are transmitted (RFC2833.)

Can you put me in touch with someone in tech support who deals with such matters?

Thank you,

David

16 REPLIES 16

HI @subvend might have to do with the system you are calling in.  I have been using my PM phone calling to those automate system and no issue

and I think you only have that problem when calling one or two particular system too and work on other?

did you also try your PM sim in another phone? 

you can try to submit ticket with PM agent, but if Telus and Shaw's both have that problem, and this has been like 2 years at least, I doubt they can do much

Suggestion, download VoIP app TextNow and use it to call and maybe it works

subvend
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This reply is 2-years-old and the problem persists. 

dk1604

Hi pkaraa,

I don't think it is a device/SIM issue since I can call other voice menu systems and successfully navigate them using DTMF tones on my PM phone. 

This seems to be an interoperability issue between the network operator (Telus) and the VOIP service provider (Shaw) that is hosting my work phone number.  It could also be a piece of equipment in between that is messing things up.

Hopefully CSR can escalate this far enough up the support chain since Telus and Shaw together should be able to figure out exactly what's going on.  We've already been talking to Shaw and they asked us to get in contact with Telus.

Thanks,

David

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dk1604 wrote:

Thank you everyone, I'm currently in contact with CSR about the issue.  Hopefully they can track down what is happening.

@dk1604 

i hope they fix it for you as soon as possible,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

dk1604

Thank you everyone, I'm currently in contact with CSR about the issue.  Hopefully they can track down what is happening.

dk1604

I tried using 3G (Pixel 4A displaying 'H+' instead of 'LTE' next to the signal bars after a reboot) and it made no difference unfortunately.

dk1604

Yes, that's correct.  When I call into work, and press '0' for operator or '2' for sales, the voice menu system just behaves as if nothing happened.  The same is true going the other way, if I dial my Public Mobile number from my work line, and then press numbers on my PM phone, I don't hear the DTMF tones on my work phone handset.

You hear your DTMF tone being sent but it has no effect at the other end…. Correct?

AE_Collector

CSR might be able to explain or confirm your issues with PM but I doubt they will be able to rectify it in this case if it is company wide known issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dk1604 

yes you can make call and receive a call,

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

dk1604

Correct, but you do call numbers hosted by them.  That is the case here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dk1604 

at public mobile don't provide VOIP services....

dk1604

Yes, it's a VOIP system, but this issue has been known since at least April.  We've been a bit tardy dealing with this issue 🙂

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does your work use a voip phone system??? Most of them have been down for the past few days. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dk1604 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

Need Help? Let's chat.