cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATA (1.5GB) on my plan is not available on my phone

clazarski
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I've been a customer with public mobile for close to 5 years (with the same plan) and for the first time, I do not have access to the DATA that I'm paying for. 

My plan is $35/mo

Unlimited Canada wide talk/Unlimited international text

1.5GB DATA at 3GB speed

My Cellular data is on, but when I am out of range of internet I am unable to access maps/send or receive photos or use apple car play.

My current cycle is from Mar1 - Mar 31 

My payment info is current and payment is up to date

20 REPLIES 20

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@clazarski 

Contact customer support and explain your honest mistake. While they cannot return you to your old grandfathered plan they may be willing to credit you all or part of your plan amount since you were only trying to get your data working 

clazarski

Unfortunately I did the change plan immediately so I’ll have an extra charge for this month I’m guessing

treefrog

@clazarski 

Did you schedule a change plan on next renewal or change your plan immediately? 

clazarski

As it turns out, my data did not reset as a relit of an iOS software’s update. All I did was shut my phone off and turn it back on. (Duh) and it reset. I didn’t need to upgrade my plan after all. I didn’t realize that an iOS update would affect the data plan with my phone provider but lesson learned. Thanks for everyone’s help!

treefrog

@clazarski 

Your data counter may not have reset at renewal. If you recently did an iOS software update you may need to update your carrier profile too?

@clazarski So, data never works since joining?? is so, then that seems to be different issue 

try to click Reset All networks and see if it works. 

you might need to update APN

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @clazarski 

you have an iPhone or Android??

clazarski

I just signed up for the plan that you suggested and I still don’t have any data when the wifi is turned off and my cellular data is turned on. I have never had this issue before. No I do not have a data limiter in my phone and I don’t use data very often (maps mostly and the occasional photo) I do everything else from a secure internet connection

Safari calls it private mode. Do you have a VPN in your network settings? Have you checked for any updates in settings general about? There is APN info available to look at too to make sure it's correct. And network resets as well.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

As above, are you sure you haven't used it all? In the new self serve it would show 1.5GB/1.5GB for plan data. One time data add-on indicators are disappearing when the data is used up.

And I gotta be the one with the silly question... I understand that you are paying $35 / 30days (opposed to $105 / 90days). Have you considered switching to one of the in-market plans? I don't see any features that the new plans don't have that would warrant staying on your current one.

You'd get 3GB for $30, or, if you usually don't use up all the data you could even go to the $25 / 1GB and for the occasional time you need more there's non-expiring add-ons...

If you choose to switch:

- Do not opt into the points program, $ rewards are better in nearly all aspects. And it's a one-way street, you can't get back to $ rewards if you have said yes to points.

- Unless you have used all your data, go for "change plan at renewal", there's no pro-rating / refunds for unused portions of your current plan if you change immediately.

hi @clazarski  for Incognito mode, click the 3 lines or 3 dots on top right, then select Incognito tab or Incognito window

clazarski

I don’t know how to sign in ingonito

Hi @clazarski so, you think PM didn't give you the data when plan was renewed? Submit a ticket with CS AGENT and ask them to confirm 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

clazarski

Yes the cycle is listed from Mar 1- Mar 31and it shows that I’ve used 0.00 GB (of 1.5GB) on my plan, which makes sense because I haven’t been able to use it since the beginning of March

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@clazarski , going off topic slightly, you can get 3GB 4G speed data for the same $35 cost in a current in market plan.  While you are checking out your self serve account, it might be worthwhile surveying the available plan options to save a bit of money or get a little more data for the same money.  

clazarski

It says that my current cycle is from Mar 1 -Mar 31 and I’ve used 0.00 GB

Hi  @clazarski on the overall page, you should see the data assigned for your plan and how much you used

And does it show Cycle date from March 1st to 31st?

And remember to login My Account using Incognito/private/secret mode

clazarski

I am now logged in and I don’t have access to my of the things that you suggested to look into 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Click the little spinner refresh icons lower down to make sure you're seeing current info.

Then does your phone have a data limiter set?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @clazarski maybe you used up the data?  My Account has some cache problem and you might see the old cached usage

please login  My Account again using Incognito/private/secret mode to check 

1. how much data left

2. Your current cycle date (PM cycle does not follow calendar month. )

Need Help? Let's chat.