cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card payment issue : Part two

Abord
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We are also experiencing credit card payment issues. My wife and I are both on auto payment using the same card information. Yet her account was disabled and when we try to reach her number we get the following greeting ''Welcome to the voice messaging system...'' . In my case my account is still active. However, when I try an 800 number (847 to be more specific) it says... ''Your call cannot be completed since you have used all available minutes'. Interestingly, my account has unlimited minutes. Please resolve these issues, as it is no longer possible to reach my wife number in case of an emergency.

12 REPLIES 12

Abord

We checked with our Bank and they did not stop any payment. So it does look like it is a problem with Public Mobile billing. My wife did get a text message though from Public Mobile at 1:04PM (ADT) today saying that the plan did not renew because they did not receive payment, but no other details. We have been on auto payment for 3-4 years now and never had any issues like this. So something in their process to charge our CC failed.  

@Abord   Do you see the Reactivate option in the suspended account?  You can try pushing that more than once if necessary to see if it will take your payment.  Also always a good idea to to clear browser cache/cookies and use incognito/privacy mode or a different browser each time you log into your account.

@Striving   If your phone service is suspended too (and not just seeing the Suspended/Expired message), then please try the Reactivate option too.

Striving
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having a similar issue today has well. However they took the money and suspended my account saying the payment didn't go in. There is clearly an issue with the payment system today

Abord

The amounts are slightly different by a few $. As for the CC account, we each have our own CC number. So that should not be the issue. We have been PM customers for over 4 years and never had this issue. 

HI @Abord   are the 2 plans the same amount?  There is a always a risk that credit card might turn down the payment request if you use the same credit card to pay on the same day with same amount.  yes, it worked before but you never know the credit card fraud checking algorithm.   Maybe you can use another credit card just to avoid this.  Or if one account really not paying today, maybe you can let it drag on for another day , another two days before you reactivate , so the credit card payment on the 2 accounts would spread out

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I am assuming both accounts came off the card with no issue for quite awhile in the past? Most likely this is connected to the autopay issue, if the manual payment doesn't work for both of your accounts, the only remedy is an agent fixing it according to the customers that have had to deal with this.

Abord

Yeah, our CC account only shows a single payment at the moment. Our renewal day for both accounts is today April 12th. I truly believe this is a Public Mobile billing problem. But the service should not have been cut. There should be a 24 hour grace period before cutting the service in order to account for these billing issues. Again, the problem is in the event of an emergency and a phone (account) has been incorrectly deactivated. Telecom used to be strickly monitered by the CRTC for outages. Telcos had to report any outage incident.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Abord wrote:

It has the status ''Plan expired''. It also states the account has a balance of +$4 and a due amount of $21. It also has the CC info but does not seem to have processed the auto payment yet. What is interesting we have 2 accounts with auto payment using the same credit card. It worked fine on my account but didn't on my wife's account.

Is payment date the same for you and your wife?

When was payment due?

@Abord  With Plan Expired status, you have to wait till it changed to another status later today, likely before Noon.  Check if it will change to Suspended or Active.  If it changes to Suspended, you will have to make a manual payment as advised by my earlier post

Abord

It has the status ''Plan expired''. It also states the account has a balance of +$4 and a due amount of $21. It also has the CC info but does not seem to have processed the auto payment yet. What is interesting we have 2 accounts with auto payment using the same credit card. It worked fine on my account but didn't on my wife's account.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

When was the last successful payment?

What do you mean 'account disabled'? What your self-serving account says? Is account active or you are seeing this messages:

Yummy_2-1649770589946.png

Yummy_3-1649770595086.png

How much your CC was charged? If you have 2 accounts on same CC you should see two separate charges for PM services.

If your renewal day was April 1st, then most likely your autopay failed due to issues at PM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Abord   Can you first login to My Account and confirm if your account status shows Plan Expired or Suspended?

If showing Plan Expired, then check if your service is working, if so, you can ignore for now.  Check back My Account after noon time today and see if it changed to status Active

If showing Suspended , check if your service is not working.  If suspended and service not working, please make a manual payment.  Go to Payment Tab, One Time Payment , select "Other (Enter the desired payment amount)" and then manually enter the plan amount and submit the payment.  If payment goes through, click on the button "Reactivate Current plan" if it is still there, then logoff My Account and reboot your phone and try your service again

Need Help? Let's chat.