cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Not Recognized

KrissyL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am trying to port a number from my current provider.  I have gone through the process a few times now (yesterday and today), but when I get to the payment screen I get a message saying my credit card info can't be authorized. I called my bank yesterday, and they said everything was fine with my credit card, but I am still getting the same message.

I am hoping to connect with a moderator to get some help in Porting my number over.

thanks so much,

1 REPLY 1

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KrissyL

I just noticed you haven't yet received a reply to your question about your unsuccessful activation and port in (I'm asuming you're trying to activate a new account as you are reffering to a payment). 

There are a few hiccups with the activation portal and there are a few things you can ensure you do to avoid getting these errors before contacting a moderator:

1) Do not try and port your number during activation - this can lead to a few problems.  Pick a new number during activation, confirm everything is working fine and get a "welcome to PM" text message.  THEN, log into self serve and request to port you number over from your previous carrier - this will close your account with them and the port process can be anywhere from 5 min to 2 hours typically.

2) DO NOT use an AMEX credit card during the activation process for your payment.  For some reason, it appears to glitch in the system and denies the activation.  Use a different CC for your activation (Visa or M/C), and once up and running then you can change it to an AMEX card (or any other) and setup autopay.

2) If your address you've entered in the activation form does not match the address listed with your CC, this can also cause issues and failed activations.  Make sure it is 100% the same.  If you have a apartment number at your address, leave it out of your address field - this can also cause errors.

If still not working....

3) Try a different web browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc...) and use private/incognito browsing mode. 

Have a read of the following link for ALL of the do and don'ts for activations.

Start Up Guide/Activation/Port In Link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

IF THIS ALL FAILS, contact a Moderator using this link: @CS_Agent and send them a message with:

- Name

- Phone number

- Account Number (if you get that far and have one)

- SIM card number

- An explanation of what happened

... and they'll answer your message and get you sorted out.

*** I’m here to help but I’m not a PM Moderator, so please don’t private message me with any our your account information. ***

Need Help? Let's chat.