cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new account to get new offer.

AmyHE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good afternoon, I would like to switch my account to one of the new boxing week offers. But the offer is not available when I log in. I believe it says it is for new activations. Is there any way for me to get the new offer? Could I make a new account? And, if I did make a new account, could I keep my phone number somehow?

11 REPLIES 11

AmyHE

It says 50GB for $34 😲. It is an amazing offer. However, you may still be right, perhaps it will get to me eventually.

@AmyHE  Yupp and that’s just it you can’t transfer number from one PM account to another PM account . And the thing is even the 40GB for $34 that’s for new activations right now was offered to existing customers this last Black Friday . So these deal end up making it to “us” existing customers at times too just need to keep and eye on website as PM changes plans frequently. So not always sure the extra cost and effort are always worth it .to work around the problem . I would at least give it until  tomorrow to see what Boxing Day may bring us  🤞 

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The $34 deal is also time sensitive so you've got your work cut out for yourself tomorrow! It can be done though 🙂 

AmyHE

Thank you. I am looking at the $34 offer, but it will probably end soon also. 

Andy85

@AmyHE Might be something to consider doing in that case. Keep in mind that the offer ends soon so you'll bee to act upon it quickly in order to make sure that the $24 promotion doesn't disappear!

AmyHE

Thank you for your answer. Two phone bills might be worth it, because it is a really nice offer; however, I am changing my plan this way because I do not have much money, so maybe not, I do not know yet.

AmyHE

Thank you for your answer. I am hoping to keep my number. I may need to switch out and then switch back as you and others have said. 

AmyHE

Thank you for your answer. I have only been on this plan for around 3 months, so I do not have much to lose in terms of rewards. I am hoping to keep my number though. I may need to switch out and then switch back as you and others have said. My targeted offers are currently not as good as the one on the main page.

Andy85

Hi @AmyHE,

Everything is possible, but you'll need to weigh the pros and cons. 

Switching to a new activation and keeping your existing number requires that you port out your number to another carrier and port back in to Public Mobile. You will lose all your current rewards and will be placed on the new points system which isn't as lucrative as the old legacy rewards (if you are on the legacy program). 

So considering the hassle and what you'd be losing in terms of existing rewards, would the monthly savings and additional perks from the new plan outweigh what you're receiving from your current plan? 

Keep in mind that Public Mobile occasionally has targeted exclusive offers to clients year round. Remember to log onto your account regularly and see which plans are being offered to you specifically during any given time period. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @AmyHE 

if you want to keep your own number and get the $24 deal, you will need to port out your account to another carrier, and then open a new PM account and request to port in the account back into PM 

but if you don't care about phone number, then just activate a new PM account and take advantage of the $24 deal.  With your current PM account, you no longer need it if you don't need the number, just login and disable Autopay from Payment page to make sure PM won't charge you on that old account again

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AmyHE  Only way would mean giving up your rewards and possibly phone number . Unless you port out your current PM number to new provider and create new PM account with a temp PM phone number and with new email then before . To only port the number from new provider into new PM account . But this would also mean 2 phone bills for a month also . 

Need Help? Let's chat.