cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create my own number

Yea123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, is it possible to get a customized mobile number from PM app? Is it even possible?

anyone knows?

7 REPLIES 7

@hTideGnow wrote:

sorry, no carrier allows that.  

Most carriers actaully do allow it to a certain extent, but Public Mobile no longer has any such options (they used to).  Telus Mobility not only has an optoin to search for the last 4 digits, but also has an "Assian friendly" option to search for numbers that could be cosnidered to be good luck or offer good fortune.

Yea123

Awesome! Thanks for the input. I will try this.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Yea123 

This is what I did. I downloaded Fongo, TextNow and a few other VOIP apps. Played with each one until I found a number I liked on each. Narrowed it down to which one I wanted most, then I ported it over here to Public Mobile. I've had the same Fongo "borrowed"... hehehe...  number for almost 10 years now. Hope this idea helps.

OH. And when you think you found a number you really want to port, check here to see if it can be ported.

Check Eligibility to Move (koodomobile.com)

Go get em tiger!!

Yea123

I see, most likely i would have to do that. Thank you so very much for the reply.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

No, you can't.

But you can look through the lists of numbers and choose one that looks close to what you want. If you currently have an account you can sign on. Go to Profile. There is an option  to choose phone number based on province. It will give you the random numbers, you choose the last 4. Keep refreshing until you see one you like.

Yea123

Thanks for the reply. Good to know.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Yea123 

sorry, no carrier allows that.  

you can buy the number from someone who owns it already, but not from mobile carrier, not for consumers

Need Help? Let's chat.