cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create account after buy voucher

Mesco86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello ,

I have bought a new public mobile card  and a voucher for a plan ( in the store they gives me the nip number to activate my plan ) the issue is that I can’t create an account if I don’t choose and I pay for a plan( but I have the voucher already ) ! Can someone help me for create a personal account ? 

8 REPLIES 8

@darlicious- I take note of a key word in this..."try". My only workaround suggestion is to get one of those credit card type gift cards.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

Thanks for this info! Does pm plan on restoring activation via voucher or is this just a temporary work around for the poor messaging by pm about the removal of this option for customers wanting to activate with pm without access to a crecit card?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Mesco86  If you are still trying to open your account but only have a voucher try contacting the CSAs and request they do it manually for you.  Send a private message to the moderators, by clicking this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To confirm that your ticket has been submitted click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen; check the SENT box in your private messages.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mesco86   Yes, you cannot use Voucher to activate an account now.  

Try to get a Visa prepaid or Visa debit, they will work

for the voucher, you can keep it for paying renewal later.  It can still be used towards renewal, just not for activation

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Mesco86 

you can't activated new line with voucher .. you need a credit card frist activation,, if you not have it credit card go to gas station or store to buy it prepaid vanilla visa gift card, and you can use in here.

after activation you can added your vouchers to use it for next cycle to be added to your account by call *611

once connected press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN #,

or by Login Page

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

So once they have your CC or ATM card..you can only change it and no longer be able to remove it??

Other than an emergency....why bother with a voucher......ever???

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Mesco86 hi when you activate a new account /plan you need to pay with a credit card or debit, vouchers are no longer accepted to open an account but you you can use it to pay next cycle if you wish 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Just "Activate" the SIM card. oooops. I see they are no longer accepted. That's a hassle!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.