cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not receive a call

Rashdan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I helped a friend in register with public mobile and at the end the phone made call and text but when I tried to call him he could not answer, I wonder why he could not receive the call?

5 REPLIES 5

boundless
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Derek1212 wrote:

Porting a landline to public can take 3 days.

Or if the old account was Koodo or chatr you need a meteator

Number porting entirely depends on the carrier associated with it. Even with landlines, I have seen it take as little as 2 hours - but can also be up to 3 days as per @Derek1212 

Derek1212
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Porting a landline to public can take 3 days.

Or if the old account was Koodo or chatr you need a meteator

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rashdan wrote:

I helped a friend in register with public mobile and at the end the phone made call and text but when I tried to call him he could not answer, I wonder why he could not receive the call?

If you are porting his number from his old provider to PM, it is normal.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.  If the old SIM card is still working, continue to use it until it stop working.  Then, start using the new PM SIM card.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Was their phone# being transferred (ported) ?  When they log into their account - what is the status ?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Rashdan wrote:

The porting may not be complete as it can take 2 or more hours.  Also try rebooting the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.