cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting a Manager

irritated
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, newbie.  I'm stuck in this Public Mobile Trap and don't know what to do anymore. So reaching out to the community for similar situations and RESOLUTIONS.  I just want to fix this fast, tired of waiting in agony.

Short Background:  Nothing below is meant to be commented on, just read for info.

Having a difficult time since inception.  If the person at the kiosk had been forthcoming, then would not be in this nightmare. and if Public Mobile actually cared then all this would have been resolved by now.    It's been over 72 hours and I'm out money, time, peace of mind and a working phone line.  I tried cancelling but it's not policy, even though the kiosk man said there was. And its not my policy to donate $70 for no reason.

I had Public Mobile for about a week.  Had some days and many hours without a signal or connectivity, calls, texts and data.  At home, on the road and at work sites.  I tried 2 different phones Samsung J3 and G5R and both has similar issues with Public's Network.

I went back to the kiosk, he said there's nothing he can do for reception and for me to call in.  I tried calling but only auto machine. And no chat except for Simon.  I went back to store, he said he calls whenever he needs to but takes about an hour to get hold of someone for which he couldn't spend that time for me.

You all know the password reset expired link issues already.  So I tried private messaging Moderator Team for a solution, waiting time between messages, I work for living so can't sit on a computer all day.  Plus most of the responses were quoting me policy of interrupted service, no refund, and saying the kiosk doesn't work for Public Mobile. That is scaring me more now because of safety concerns.

Multiple times I've asked for someone or manager to call me or live chat.  Or atleast have the decency to fix a time for us to email simultaneously to resolve the issue.  Instead I'm hung out to dry waiting for hours for a useless response while they pride themselves in providing support.  There clearly must be a phone # if the store is in business with Public Mobile.  The moderator says Public Mobile is online only....even then its whenever.

Which is adding more needless frustration and angst.

I'm not sure how other people have been able to resolve their technical difficulties.  And after 3-4 days of nonfunctioning network and customer service....what did you do?  Please advise.  How come this kind of treatment and business practice is acceptable to all of you?

This is not right.  This is not fair.  I've never had such a negative experience in my life.

Please nobody quote me a policy, I'm just asking if anyone has been in this situation and what their SOLUTION was.  OR if any you have an actual solution for me to try, or a # or a Manager, Please I need LIVE ASSISTANCE from someone who can actually do something to help.

Thanks for your understanding.

17 REPLIES 17

Honestly other then the phone being set to 2G only I don't seem to think of any other reason why would you have no connection. Have you tried a factory reset already ? 

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I mean, they do have an office from what I know, 1920 Yonge St. Suite 400. Toronto, ON M4S 3E2 Canada, and this numbers comes up 647-262-8759, but you won't be getting any technical support from there. Although, you may be able to drop in and get a sim card possibly.

This community is completely managed online, only the mods have access to the internals, and account information and all that. In terms of network issues, if Telus goes down, PM goes down, since they run under the same network. The kiosk itself probably just has sim cards on hand, goes online, and activates them, just like us. Maybe they have phone numbers of some of the mods, where they can quickly correct an issue, but there's no call centre for technical support or anything like that. I've never personally come across a Public Mobile kiosk, but someone did mention "wow mobile" handling PM. If their prices are the same as the prices on the website, it's possible that they just make money off of selling the sim cards, or phones/accessories, and don't have any real affiliaton with PM.

For instance, third party resellers who sell rogers/bell services, you see them everywhere. These people don't have any power to really do anything, they just act as a middle man. The only thing they do have, that's different than the average person, is direct lines/priority calling. So they don't have to wait on the phone for hours like we do, to get a hold of someone, but that's really the only difference. I suspect that this kiosk is the same, minus the calling, since there's no call centre for PM.

irritated

I wrote this post before I met you, so no offence.

I don't know what super mods are.

Also I meant you guys aren't self regulated, I'm sure there's a manager some where.

And for kiosk to act on behalf of PM, must have a point of contact as well.

Wolfcore

I was referring to network service, when I mentioned Pm's service. I can understand the frustration of having to private message moderators back and fourth, and a live agent is always better, but I guess customer service is also one of the things you pay for, when you pay the outrageous prices of Bell/Rogers/Telus. In my personal experience, other than that one issue, i've never had a single problem, whether it be billing, or connectivity, so there was no need to contact anybody. I've also set up a couple of other people that I know, and they have been working flawlessly as well.

There doesn't seem to be any major telus/bell outage in Toronto, so I'd rule out the network. you've tried multiple phones, so i'd rule out the phones, I honestly think it boils down to the sim card itself, maybe it's damaged or faulty in some way. Have you tried messing around with the different network modes? for instance, on my phone, I have 3 different modes, "GLOBAL", "LTE/CDMA", and "LTE/GSM/UMTS", but the only one it functions on correctly, is global, which i'm able to use 4g lte on, the others, give me no service, or slower speeds. This can be found in the same area as the access point names, the screen just before that.

I don't know what your plans are, whether or not you plan to stay with PM, if the issues are resolved, but, you can ask one of the mods to see if they are able to send you a new sim, or even go back to the kiosk and see if they can give you a new one, and the mods should be able to port your number over to the new sim, as far as I know (because this is a prepaid service, i'm not 100% sure it's possible).

wrote:

Sounds like an activation issue, signal should be fine almost everywhere. I'm curious what kiosk you are referring to. I thought everything was self-serve and done online by the customer directly.

@sheytoon FYI: some WOW Mobile kiosks will go online and activate SIMs. But, if they have issues, can only private message the moderators as we do. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

irritated

Thank you for your response and sharing.

Trust is hard when you were lied to from the beginning about many things.

Then being told for a week, nothing can be done, here's the policy, too bad.

Anyways, I'm glad you knew what you're problem was and that it was resolved and you feel you were more than compensated for it.  In my case, one months' credit would not be sufficient.

Network overload sounds plausible, but unlikely. 

As I said when I had service it was good, otherwise it was patches of no connectivity no service.  I need %100 connectivity this plan was supposed to be for my 70 year old dad.

Access Point Names we tried that already.

I agree with purposeful Restarts for all electrical devices, and we did that too.

Well the initial problem was being lied to, so yes that would fix everything.  As for Network service, yes when I got signal it was good.  As for customer service....we have slightly different definitions lol.

wrote:

I've had one issue in the past, It was during the fall promo that they had. There was such an influx of people trying to sign up for the service, that their system basically crashed, and there were many people with various issues. My issue was that I was unable to make calls, but text and data were working fine, this went on for just over two weeks. I was patient, because I knew what was going on, and gave them time to fix their issue, and I was more than compensated by the end of it. They ended up adding a credit to my next payment. I haven't had a single issue before, or after that.

From what i've read, it seems that you did have the service running for a short period, and then it stopped? Did you port a phone number over, or did they give you a new number? It's possible that there was some sort of porting issue that was developed later on. But, more importantly, you should check your apn settings.

On your Samsung J1, go to

settings/mobile networks/access point names
then, the top right corner, you should see a "more" option, or the 3 vertical dots, hit that, and hit "reset to default" and confirm. Restart your phone, as I feel like it's always better to do so.
Is it working? if not, you can go back to the access point names, and create a new one, using the information here.

I can assure you that PM's service is just as good as any of the other big providers in the country, once you fix this initial problem.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @irritated

No need to contact Mary or Shazia, really. As I'm the one taking care of your case at the moment, your message will get back to me regardless who you send it to. Moreover, both of them do not work on the weekends, and they do not have any 'supervisor' access or privileges, they are regular mods 🙂

Thanks,

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

irritated

Thanks for your response.

I did try another phone, G5R which is used on Rogers, similar issues of periods of no connectivity.  SIM card issue...interesting.  Even more reason to be pissed at the Public Mobile kiosk, another fuel to the fire.

Super Mods sounds like supervisor? I'll try that, but they could have done that a week ago.  I doubt the Mods team is self regulated, there's obviously a manager somewhere in the company.  And a person or phone # in sales team who partnered with the kiosk, I doubt they started selling on behalf of PM via email contracts.

wrote:

@irritated Forget about hearing from a manager or an access to kiosk because there is none. Getting no signal could be a problem with alot of things such as locked phone, wrong network settings, or error with activation. You mentioned that you are sure your phone is not locked so check if network settings are not set to 2g only. Since PM mods asked you about signal bars, they think your activation was set up properly. Additionally, it could be a bad sim card. Its a rare case but I have seen it happen. 

What I suggest you to try is that try your sim in any other phone known to be working on Telus/Koodo network. If you get the exact same behaviour, you sure can know that issue is not at your end. In this case, you will have to contact mods so they can further look into this. Try reaching out to our Super Mods like @Shazia_K or @Mary_M.

@irritated Forget about hearing from a manager or an access to kiosk because there is none. Getting no signal could be a problem with alot of things such as locked phone, wrong network settings, or error with activation. You mentioned that you are sure your phone is not locked so check if network settings are not set to 2g only. Since PM mods asked you about signal bars, they think your activation was set up properly. Additionally, it could be a bad sim card. Its a rare case but I have seen it happen. 

What I suggest you to try is that try your sim in any other phone known to be working on Telus/Koodo network. If you get the exact same behaviour, you sure can know that issue is not at your end. In this case, you will have to contact mods so they can further look into this. Try reaching out to our Super Mods like @Shazia_K or @Mary_M.

Wolfcore

I've had one issue in the past, It was during the fall promo that they had. There was such an influx of people trying to sign up for the service, that their system basically crashed, and there were many people with various issues. My issue was that I was unable to make calls, but text and data were working fine, this went on for just over two weeks. I was patient, because I knew what was going on, and gave them time to fix their issue, and I was more than compensated by the end of it. They ended up adding a credit to my next payment. I haven't had a single issue before, or after that.

From what i've read, it seems that you did have the service running for a short period, and then it stopped? Did you port a phone number over, or did they give you a new number? It's possible that there was some sort of porting issue that was developed later on. But, more importantly, you should check your apn settings.

On your Samsung J1, go to

settings/mobile networks/access point names
then, the top right corner, you should see a "more" option, or the 3 vertical dots, hit that, and hit "reset to default" and confirm. Restart your phone, as I feel like it's always better to do so.
Is it working? if not, you can go back to the access point names, and create a new one, using the information here.

I can assure you that PM's service is just as good as any of the other big providers in the country, once you fix this initial problem.

Sounds like an activation issue, signal should be fine almost everywhere. I'm curious what kiosk you are referring to. I thought everything was self-serve and done online by the customer directly.

irritated

Forgot to mention, the man at the kiosk set up everything for me.  The sim, activation etc.  So I don't know or understand any technical details.   But I do know I don't trust Public Mobile anymore so not comfortable giving more personal information like remote access to the cell phone or IMEI etc via scattered emails.

So how many other ppl has any of this happen to?

irritated

Thanks for your responses.

With all due respect, don't tell me to contact a moderator, because I need a manager.  The moderators are causing more grief.  For example they asked how many bars...but I said no signal no connectivity, I believe that means no bars to me but not to them.  To me its obvious that without a signal, you cannot make or get calls texts data etc. So when they ask me what's the issue regarding...its difficult not to get pissed off because I just told them.  All this broken delayed email communication is very frustrating and not for me.   If I knew this was the case, I never would have tried Public Mobile in the first place!! The Rep provided very different image and information about many things.  Anyways, I'm dealing with that misrepresentation legally.  Moving forward...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me clarify my post purpose:

I'm wondering, for those who had issues with network, what was the solution - including compensation. So a week of problems, then a week waiting for resolution, and still nothing solved.

Also...

It's Samsung J1 unlocked. Used on Rogers and Chatr with absolutely no problems, so please don't say to get a new phone unless you're donating one 🙂 

Mostly used at home, (near science center) and other areas of Toronto.  My dad tested it, I tested it and a couple of others.  When it worked, honestly it pretty decent, 3G even 4G, rare LTE.  and I have no clue or record of when it wasn't working for me or dad.   I don't know what else to answer you guys.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM reception/coverage should be the same as telus so unless telus has a bad signal there you may have a technical issue. If it's a technical issue you need moderator helps @CS_Agent.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@irritated We need more information in order to better help you. Did you correctly activate the sim on Public Mobile? What error are you getting when you insert the sim on your phone? Have you contacted the mod team to take a look at your account to see if everything is correct? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@irritated, if you don't mind me asking what part of the country are you located?  This service runs on the bellus network which is one of the two national networks.  While every network has small coverage holes here and there, consistently poor signal is not something that is normal.  What store have you been going to for assistance?  This service is an online service.  The stores only sell SIM cards and may assist customers with activation.  Their level of assistance is rather limited.  Having said that, you may wish to contact the moderator team (Public Mobile reps) to see what they can do to redress your situation.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

matbasm

Sorry @irritated, but there simply is no live assistance at Public Mobile.  All administrative tasks are carried out by the moderators group, and contact with them is via private message.

As for why you have bad connectivity, I can't be of much help.  However, I am sure that there are others around here that might be able to shed some light, but this will require additional input from you also.

Need Help? Let's chat.