Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact support for port out

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am busy moving my number out of PM and need to be provide authorization as well as insure that a new number is provided.. main issue is I am out of country



@HALIMACS   that is an interesting one, we need to pay more to port out.. but honest.. it's a great tips for people who are in US and want to port out


Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, great input

Mayor / Maire

@TonyEG wrote:

I am busy moving my number out of PM and need to be provide authorization as well as insure that a new number is provided.. main issue is I am out of country


@TonyEG  - if you need a new number then there is no need to port out the number at all. 


Just remove Autopay by logging into your My Account, or call # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC to remove Autopay using your 4 digit account PIN.


When the account is in nonpay status for over 90 days the account closes and you lose your number and access to My Account.


@TonyEG sorry, the proper porting out procedure is to get a text from PM and reply YES without 90 mins on porting


One way is to have your friend to  get a new sim card, change sim card and have your friend to help to complete the porting process


i am not sure if PM support is willing to do a verbal approval and approve the porting without text.  But you can try to open ticket with PM 



1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at:


**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there




Again, it is only slight chance PM will agree, so don't have your hope high. Let us know how it turns out


Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle


open ticket  here:  Chatbot

Mayor / Maire

Then you'll need to purchase a US add on IF you're in the US and need to reply to a port out SMS.


IF NOT,  then you're in a bit of a pickle.


Also,  your PM Account would close as you can't port out and retain account here. 

Mayor / Maire

First of all, you can't "insure that a new number is provided". When porting out numbers, the account closes.

Being out of country is a problem. I don't suppose you left the sim in Canada?

Are you porting to Telus or Koodo? There may be some forgiveness there. If you're porting elsewhere then you need to reply to the confirmation text. Which you can't if you have the sim with you out of country.

Mayor / Maire


When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to new carrier and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

Need Help? Let's chat.