cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirming identity

Erin9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

93C44E49-D864-4653-A695-6496C270AF85.png

Hello, I’m new to public mobile but can’t seem to get past this page. Can anyone help me?  

9 REPLIES 9

PGY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same problem when coming over to PM.  It was resolved quickly. 

For me the root problem was not being able to get SMS text messages during the porting transition.  Can you send and receive messages? Calls?  That will need to be resolved first.  You should contact your previous provider by a phone and have them manually disconnect you, emphasize that you can't get SMS texts.  Then things will start to work properly.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth_ 

Eversafe requires for new activations to confirm their identity after the initial sign in and only sends this one time code by text message. No other option is offered.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Erin9 @PGY 

iMessage, RCS, Signal, and some other messaging apps use non-standard extended messaging protocols (to deliver more emojis, sounds, animations, effects, encrytion, etc).

If you're using any one of these then go into the app settings and disable the extra features or force standard plaintext SMS/MMS protocols for the duration of your 2FA sessions. You can re-enable this setting afterwards, if you prefer.

Also, EverSafe will always force you to use SMS for the first 2FA attempt (which I think is stupid, especially if you consider what might happen if your phone not working or is lost/stolen). But second and subsequent 2FA attempts (after you click "Send again") will offer you the choice between SMS and email.

PGY

I might be similar to Erin9.  For some reason I can't receive text messages.  When when it does that 2 step, it just times out.  The ONLY choice I get is 'resend code', which is a cyclical road to hell.  I don't get a choice to send to voice or email.  😞  I fell into a PM whirlpool that has no exit...  Round and round and round again.  Repeat.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Erin9 

Why can't you recieve the texted code? Did you activate with e-sim?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Erin9  If you don’t get the option to send code to email instead you can submit ticket with support to help you gain access 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Waj

when you receive the passcode, put that in those boxes and you should be good to go forward. it is for security reasons

Waj

it is sending passcode to that number that ends in 840.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Click on Resend Code and pick email. Then enter code PM will send you.

Need Help? Let's chat.