cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional call forward questions.

zaptor99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just learned about conditional call forward and have 3 questions:

1) my sginal at home is very weak and I'm missing calls.  Can I program a conditional forward using 61 or 62 to forward calls to my TextNow number?

2) If I'm roaming say in Europe and have Wifi, will this conditional call forward work and calls come to my TextNow number?

3) if I'm missing calls at home and they go straight to voicemail, should I use 61 or 62 option in the call forwarding?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@zaptor99 wrote:

1) My signal at home is very weak and I'm missing calls.  Can I program a conditional forward using 61 or 62 to forward calls to my TextNow number?

Yep, call forwarding, including conditional call forwarding is included for free with Public Mobile. Only caveat is you setting the call forwarding must be done while your phone is connected to the Public Mobile network in Canada.(Unlike Telus Mobility & Koodo that charge $5 extra otherwise 40c per minute or something 😈 ) If you are already out of the country, you can still use TextNow to call your own number, or any one of the local voicemail access numbers across Canada. Basically, any calls that would normally end up at your voicemail (No answer, not connected to network/offline or blocked/declined) can be diverted to another number, ie an alternate voicemail service like YouMail or your TextNow number as you suggested should work fine too.

2) If I'm roaming say in Europe and have Wifi, will this conditional call forward work and calls come to my TextNow number?

Yes! But again, the forwarding has to be set while your phone is in Canada. If you are in Europe, it might be best to just set an unconditional forward, vs conditional forwards. Conditional forwards would be best if your phone is in Canada but under spotty coverage, so that the network will still try to ring your phone before falling back to forwarding.

3) If I'm missing calls at home and they go straight to voicemail, should I use 61 or 62 option in the call forwarding?

You can either use the call forwarding options in the phone app settings on your phone, or you can set the forwarding manually by dialing the following codes:

*21*1234567890# - unconditional forward - undo with ##21#

The conditional forwards can be set individually:

*61 - unanswered

*62 - phone off or outside network coverage

*67 - blocked calls, manually declined, or "busy" (ie can happen if already 2 calls in progress/conferenced)

or all three conditional forwards can be set together at once:

*004*1234567890# -- undo with ##004#

Public Mobile has all these codes documented here as well:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/sk/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@zaptor99 

Here's a great post helping explain call forwarding by our Viscount of Voicemail @Nezgar . The linked post within that post is also very helpful.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Out-of-service-area-or-on-Airplane-mode/m...

zaptor99

Thanks, I'll play with it and see if it works well for my needs. 

There are three conditionals:

1. busy - obviously... I wonder if it would be triggered on ignoring a call alert

2. unreachable - this is out of range or phone off

3. no answer - obviously

In your case I would do #2. hehheh 🙂

zaptor99

Thanks for the reply.  Just a bit confused on the 61 or 62.  If I'm home now and want to forward to my textnow number only if my phone at home doesn't receive the call due to weak signal, should I use 61 or 62 or both of that's possible?

@Yummy- The call forwarding has to be set while connected to Public. Say you do a stopover in the states. Say you fly over US airspace and had forgotten to turn on airplane mode and you're on automatic networks.

@dust2dust wrote:

2. Yes. Don't let the sim see a US tower.

Since when Europe has US towers??

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

1. Yes

2. Yes. Don't let the sim see a US tower.

3. It already is. But see #1. Voicemail works via call forwarding.

Need Help? Let's chat.