cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely unable to purchase US Roaming Add-Ons.

psdragons
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have tried repeatedly, both with the *611 number, and through the website, to purchase the US Roaming Add-On with 3 GB data, and it keeps refusing to complete the transaction. The website claims the purchase has been made with funds I have added (when in reality, it hasn't), while the *611 number simply says the transaction cannot be completed.

As I am traveling through the US, this makes for at best, an inconvenience, and at worst, a dangerous situation where I am unable to contact people or call 911.

Is something going wrong on Public Mobile's end? When will it be resolved?

11 REPLIES 11

psdragons

@CS_Agentconfirmed that there was an update to the system in the past few days and that the outage was possibly caused by that. Whatever the case, I was able to purchase the add-on successfully this morning.

OK. It seems others are having issues with the payment system. People are trying to sign up and it's not letting them pay. So I think the payment system isn't functioning correctly. 

psdragons

You are not understanding. The site is literally non-functional, despite attempts to use it on several devices on functioning Wi-fi. I am trying to ascertain if this is a personal issue or if there is a temporary issue with the website at the moment, and am waiting on a response to a ticket at this point.
This is not helpful advice, it is incredibly patronizing. I have bought add-ons several times before without issue.

If you follow my instructions, that is how you do it. It's not that hard. Just need to be on WiFi since you're already in the US. 

psdragons

I've just submitted a ticket to support, so probably just let this thread die.

psdragons

I was not charged, I know how to buy/activate add-ons, and incognito mode and three different devices availed nothing.

jtennyuk

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend the US roaming addons at all, I've always had a terrible experience with them and they're not even cheap. Recommend using a service like Airalo or similar instead. Super easy if your phone has eSim.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@psdragons   Usually you can still call 911, even with a phone that has no sim card..  I would hope that still works with a Canadian phone in the USA.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @psdragons can you check if PM charged you yet?  If so, you got the addon already, just a matter of how to use

Try connect to both T-Mobile or AT&T and check which one works 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @psdragons 

EDIT: My samples show Canada add ons. If you scroll down on the phones app you'll see US add ons.

Here's a write up I did that may help. If you are in the US already, you need to find a free WiFi to do this.

How to purchase add-ons via Phone App

First, download the Public Mobile app if you haven’t.

Then log in. Once you are logged in, you should be on the Overview page.

Then towards the bottom you will see a + inside a navy blue circle. Click on that.

Then you’ll get this page. Click on Subscriptions & Add-ons

Chalupa_Batman_0-1704155470407.png

Then scroll down to the bottom. Click on Shop Add-ons

Chalupa_Batman_1-1704155470326.png

Then at the top you will see a drop down menu. Click and pick the add on you require. Bundle, Data or Minutes.

In This case you want Data..

Chalupa_Batman_2-1704155470344.png

The next step is to choose how much data you want to purchase. Click on the + just once. Make sure it’s only 1. If you pick more than one, click on the - button till it’s down to 1.

Chalupa_Batman_3-1704155470307.png

Then scroll down and click on PAY NOW.

Please fully read the disclaimer!!

Chalupa_Batman_4-1704155470391.png

Created by Chalupa Batman

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@psdragons  Try again incognito z/ private mode or from another device . Maybe give the app at try . If still no luck you can reach out to support to help 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.