cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community feedback

Lorne_Grant
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello - I was just wondering how I can contribute here, share a few things, learn a few things etc.   Someone told me participating can reduce my phone bill?  Is that true or just a rumor?

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Lorne_Grant 

hTideGnow_0-1707667010343.png

generally, a 10  mis a week on the Community and reply with good answers (not repeating others hours ago) and earn some bravos and solutions will easily get you 1 point (equal $1)   a 15 to 20 mins a week will get you 2 points easily.  For 5 points, maybe an hour or even two  a week can get you that.  10 and 15 will be much harder and much more devoted time and effort

But of course, it also depends on everyone effort.  The month with less questions, then a lesser effort will earn you big prize. The one with more members helping, then you have to shine more to get to the top

Enjoy

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lorne_Grant 

Lemme give you some rough numbers:

Firstly, let me preface this with the fact that you're much more likely to make more for your time collecting refundables from the road-side or parks than participating here in the Community for money.

However, if you're feeling helpful, spend an hour or so each day reading and responding to user inquiries with thoughtful, brief, and helpful replies.

Eventually, you'll receive bravos, and maybe earn a Solution or two for your efforts.

The combined effect of replying, bravos, and solutions get tallied monthly, and you'll earn something if you're consistently participating.

Bear in mind, however, to get to the top 10% or higher requires a daily commitment of quality replies and time spent.   So expect to spend 25-100 hours a month to get to $5 - $15.   That works out to about $0.10 to $0.05 an hour.    

Not much to write home about - but think of all the help you can provide!!!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Lorne_Grant 

Welcome aboard, as @softech have noted but the best thing to do is to review all the posted questions and review all the solved solutions then keep that in the back of your mind if similar question pops up so you can respond and earn Bravos. Near the mid of each month, PM staff will use a secret formula to calculate your Reward earnings.

Please note that only members with Oracle status will earn $20/20 points.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lorne_Grant 

Welcome to the Community.  

Yes, you can earn rewards and reduce your bill by helping others here

Reply those questions you have answers and you can earn 1/2/4/10/15 Public Points.  We don't know the exact participation required for each level of rewards.  PM has it own formula to rank the top 50%, 25%, 10%, 5% and 1% and rewards accordingly.  But idea is, keep helping and good things will happen 🙂

More details
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/community

Need Help? Let's chat.