cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not reliable

cindydobroskay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had a new pixel 7 since September. I've started using the phone more to actually talk and almost always have trouble with the calls. I can hear the other person but they don't always hear me. Sometimes they didn't know I'm there from the start and sometimes I drop off midway into a call. I'm trying to find where the issue is. My husband also has a pixel but uses virgin and he doesn't have this problem. I checked details on the pixel and they lost PM as a supported service provider. But I've also read that PM does support the pixel phones. So recently I asked the pixel community, and was told the sim from my previous phone may not be the right sim for this newer phone. What do I do next?

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @cindydobroskay 

your husband uses Virgin and PM and Virgins share the same network towers, so, it is not a network coverage problem

your phone is VoLTE compatible with PM, so, it should be the same as your husband's

you can try to use only 3G for couple days and check if voice is better.  yes, it will affect your data speed a bit, but worth the check

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@cindydobroskay 

Did you have talk issues prior to September when you purchase Pixel 7?

Customers are using Pixel 7 with no major issues. 

Might want to try a network reset of phone (note: this will erase any saved Wifi passwords)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@cindydobroskay 

Depending on where you live. The signal is probably weak. How many bars are you getting on your phone.

PM utilize Telus and Bell towers. It will connect to the stronger signal tower.

No problems on the west coast. Telus is the largest carrier on the west coast while Bell is on the east coast.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

old sim will work as well as new sim, so sim should not matter

PM supports Pixel and Pixel 7 is VoLTE enabled

can you test your sim on your husband's phone ? Just to check if it is a problem on your phone.  

and also, open a ticket with PM and ask them to refresh your account.  Use the orange chatbot icon on the lower right, type Submit ticket and choose Contact Us, follow the login screen and you can open ticket

Need Help? Let's chat.