cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Rewards

pennywise134
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How active do you need to be in the community forum to get rewards applied to your account? Is there a matrix somewhere?

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @pennywise134   It is a PM secret , we don't know how much time to be exact to get each level of reward 

Generally, getting $1 or $2 is not too hard.  Come once or twice a week and answer some questoins, give some bravos, you should get them

For $5 and more, you have to be prepared to stick with the site here full time  🙂

@HALIMACS wrote:

@pennywise134 

If you're 'in it to win it' (a whopping $15/cycle 🙄), be prepared to spend 3-4 hours a day honing your skills. 

You have to be quick on the draw.

Not only that, you have to be in front of the computer all the time, refresh page, refresh, refresh to be first to answer. It becomes full time job...

Not to mention you have to HAVE knowledge to answer questions and help others.

Most rewarding is when poster comes back and tells us 'problem resolved thanks to you guys'! Everything else is secondary.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@pennywise134 

That is the magic question.

I will say, that getting into (and remaining) in the top 1% is exhausting.  I could only last 4 months back in early 2021 - then tapered off considerably.  I was hooked, then unhooked myself.

You'd get more return on your time by collecting refundables by the roadside then time spent here.  

If you're 'in it to win it' (a whopping $15/cycle 🙄), be prepared to spend 3-4 hours a day honing your skills. 

You have to be quick on the draw.

If you satisfied to get top 50%, aim for a few logins a day, answering a few posts here and there.  Likely no more than 15 minutes a day of quality and timely responses.

Over time, you'll get used to which questions require certain responses.   

Make sure to READ the regulars replies - many of them have lots of user experience.

pennywise134
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great answer, thanks! You're right, helping should be goal #1 and rewards #2

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For the basic $1, not that active, anything else takes more work. I don't do what I do for the discount, I'd do it even if I didn't get anything. I am sure if I started spamming redundant comments everywhere I could likely get to the next tier fairly easily (I see people do that, post the same answer as someone else had already posted 3 hours earlier), but I prefer to just respond when I can offer something else. So, I tend not to get much and most months I don't get anything. The best way to get anything though is be active on here and respond quickly to people needing help. However, don't expect to get to top 1% without a lot of work!

Need Help? Let's chat.