cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Rewards

raymondzhou122
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I don't really understand how the community rewards work? 

Is it like a points system and if you earn enough, you are eligible for the rewards?

And secondly how do you earn points or the rewards?

14 REPLIES 14

@raymondzhou122 wrote:

I am guessing that the top 50% only accounts for the people who use the community forums during the month and not like 50% of pm users right?

The exact method of calculation aren't public knowlledge.  I will say that customers who don't participate in Community won't receive a Community reward.

raymondzhou122

I am guessing that the top 50% only accounts for the people who use the community forums during the month and not like 50% of pm users right?

@dabr wrote:

@softech   Looks like the CR have been added to the account today..

@dabr  oh..  I am richer than I think..   LoL

I guess this is an early month then. Usually the night of the 6th or 7th, I guess they might have added it last night already

@softech   Looks like the CR have been added to the account today..

HI  @raymondzhou122   welcome to PM.

Just to let you know, no one knows clearly the secret formula PM used to calculate the Top %. 

So, an important thing here get Community rewards is you like to help others. Answer what you can on the Community, post your question and join other discussions. Mostly importantly bravos good posts that you think worth the thumbs up  🙂

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@raymondzhou122  Hi it’s the beginning of each month announcements for last month are usually made the second week in the following month

@raymondzhou122  It is counted by calendar month.    Around the 7th of the following month, they will put the Community reward amount, if you are eligible,  into your account and could be used for your next renewal if you are on the old rewards system.  

If on the new rewards system, they will add the point to your account couple days later.  Once you collect enough for 15 points  , then you can redeem for $15 bill credit 

LegusY
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I believe its each calendar month.

raymondzhou122

When does the new cycle for the top 50%, 10%, etc start for the community rewards?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@raymondzhou122 wrote:

Is it like a points system and if you earn enough, you are eligible for the rewards?

Hi @raymondzhou122 

You've already began by posting on the forum.

Basically, be responsive, helpful, courteous.

It's best to be brief and precise, and recognize others for weighing in.

Eventually, you'll receive bravos and solutions, and in time, will get a share of the pie.

Heck, I'll even bravo your first post to get you started!!!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @raymondzhou122 , it's not points to earn.

Basically you need to participate as much as you can.  Reply questions that you have  the answer.. bravos other's good reply and have others to bravos your answer.  

at the end of the month, depends on your participation among others, PM will award different level of Community reward , $1, $2, $5, $10, $15.  However, there is no solid number to how to earn the different level of reward.  it is a relative performance and it is a secret that only PM knows

So, start slow, come here for an hour or so.. start answering and start bravo others.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@raymondzhou122 wrote:

@raymondzhou122 

Community Rewards are awarded by your contribution (time spent in the Community forums) measured by bravos/posts/solutions you receive.

There is no exact way of knowing  (it is top secret).  😛

But if you read up posts and know answers to some you can contribute by either asking or answer them.

There is no set /written limit to how much time, bravos, answers, questions you need to be involved in to receive community rewards

Spend time reading posts, asking questions and answering when you know you can help and you will likely be rewarded!!

Additionally, you could contribute for one 30 day period, get rewarded; then the next 30 day period it resets, so you would need to continue to contribute for any rewards to be given on a continuous basis.

But if you take a break, no worries, just come back when you can!

Need Help? Let's chat.