cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing inactive account that is still charging my Visa account

wmmercer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a member of our Strata Council and we hired an new Caretaker in April 2024.

We needed a new phone number and, since I have had great experience with PM over a number of years, I thought I would set up a PM account on his phone.  I started the process using his Gmail account and my Visa account ending in 4063. The account was opened and a SIM card ending in 2386 was mailed to me on Martin Drive in Surrey which I have never activated.

In the meantime, our Strata Management company opened a mobile account with Telus so the PM account is not needed !!   However, since April, I have been charged $14.56 per month on my Visa account.

Cannot sign into the inactive account to close it....next option is to set up a 'stop payment' with Visa

HELP, HELP, HELP.....

10 REPLIES 10

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should remove the Gmail account you have posted here. This is a public forum after all. Use the down arrow on the right of your post. v

@maurelle wrote:

Sounds odd. Specially since there is no plan below $15+tax. Are you sure that this is not linked to your own account?

$14.56 is the $13 plan plus taxes, a plan that some customers still have.

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds odd. Specially since there is no plan below $15+tax. Are you sure that this is not linked to your own account?

One thing you could try, if the payment is regularly every 30days, and you know the date of the next potential payment... Suspend your credit card for renewal day/night. An attempted payment would be declined and then, theoretically, if it's linked to some kind of plan renewal bug, the account/number would be deleted after 90days. If this is happening on the same renewal as your regular plan, top that one up manually (via card or voucher) before suspending your credit card.

Really just throwing this idea out there. Ideally you get sorted by sending a message to CSA as mentioned multiple times above.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CS_Agent 

just a suggestion, snice you saw this post, why don't you reach out to @wmmercer directly via private message?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there, and thanks for visiting our community forum.

The community is a great way of searching for answers and help from our customers, however if you still need assistance, and you have reached out through a private message, we kindly ask to keep an eye on your community inbox.

Our customer support team will get in touch as soon as possible.
Public Mobile Team.

@wmmercer   The link should take you to your private messages where you just fill in a text box, you only need to be logged in to this community for it to work, which you must be to be posting here.

wmmercer

No solutions available and unable to open a 'ticket'....it keeps assuming I have an account I can sign into ???

@wmmercer   In that case send support a private message, this link is pre-addressed to customer service so just explain the problem and hit Send.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

wmmercer

Just get the usual 'machine' that cannot handle any unique situation ???

I cannot sign into the inactive account because the email is on our  caretaker's phone not mine.....

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@wmmercer  Open a ticket with customer service at the chat icon bottom right of this page.

Need Help? Let's chat.