cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification - Buying SIM card, it not arriving, and then deal ending?

Quinn23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was told by an agent that if you buy the SIM card to get the promo deal and the SIM card arrives after the promo deal ends, that I would still receive the promo deal?

I can't find it now, but I thought I read in fine print during a deep dive of the website that said that this is not true. I tried to find this section again but the public mobile website is garbage. 

So I just wanted clarification on this issue.

Thank you. 

12 REPLIES 12

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was trying to be helpful and that’s fine if you want to leave me the comment have a very a nice new year hope this goes better for you !

Quinn23

Yes, I was aware and I did not want to keep my number or pay for an extra month of service. I left my comment to Chrissy because  her comment had nothing to do with the question I had asked and was not constructive in any way. It is nice of you to try and clear things up. 

@Quinn23 

I believe @Chrissyrioux12 was just reminding that in order to successfully port a number, it's important not to let the prior provider services expire. 

May or may not be relevant to your situation... nonetheless good information. 

Quinn23

Thank you for adding nothing useful to this conversation 

Quinn23

Thank you for the reply, will bring it up with an agent. 

Quinn23

I didn’t want the same number so it’s fine. The purpose of any company is to provide a product or service, it is not my fault the company is incompetent, I do not own the company. I’m not stupid, I understand that it is an online service and I have done everything correctly on my end, the customers end. It is the company that is creating these problems. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Well @Quinn23 

Read up on this user's experience:

Solved: 20G for $35 monthly Plan for New Activation - Community (publicmobile.ca)

There are several other threads/posts whereby it's suggested by regulars and Oracles that so long as a user can show they ordered a SIM card during the promotional period (from Public Mobile), then surely the Customer Support Agents will honor the deal available at the time of purchase.

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you canceled your service already with previous provider you won’t be able to port over your number you will a whole new cell phone number 

it’s pretty much an online service and not a big company at all is a prepaid service a good prepaid nothing is retuned to you trying to keep costs down 

Quinn23

Ok will bring it up with an agent. I understand now it would be better to buy in person, it was just that the website advertised buying online as a good option with quick shipping, so I don't understand why they would do this if it wasn't a good option. I also chose online because I live in a metropolitan area so shipping normally wouldn't take so long and an agent told me shipping was 3-5 days, and I would have to drive two hours to the nearest store that sold them. I thought if I bought it it wouldn't take over two weeks to arrive, and I cancelled my plan with my previous provider because I was planning on switching to public so now I have no service. It's possible the package got lost as well, but there is no tracking so who knows. I did open a ticket, and said that since it hadn't arrived could I just go buy one in person but they said they wouldn't refund me for the one that still hasn't arrived. I know it's only $11.00 but I am struggling financially and they are a large company, and it's surprising because even small companies will give a refund when you don't even receive the product you bought. They are sending another one, but it will be "2-5 business days to ship" and then "5-10 business days" once shipped to arrive. Honestly, right now I am appalled at their customer service. 

Quinn23

Ok thank you for the reply

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Quinn23 

I don’t think that there was any fine print per se. You will have to contact an agent to confirm.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Quinn23   its really depends. 

We saw a case that the person showed agent the proof of the sim card order (that was before the end of the promotion) and the agent was willing to apply the promotion back manually. 

So, it's really YMMV.   We usually advise people to get a sim card from stores (Telus or Koodo stores) instead of order the sim from PM online

Sound like you were stuck waiting for the sim to come.  You already opened a ticket and the answer was not what you want?  Ask to escalate and see if a senior agent can help to apply the promotion back

if not, I guess you can hold on to your sim card, another good deal could be around the corner

Need Help? Let's chat.