cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome issue

cm41
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on what may be causing my problem and how to resolve it?    

I've just started with Public because I thought a new sim card, phone number and carrier would fix it but apparently not.

When I clear history in chrome it shows as deleted but in the app itself when I clear the cache then exit and go back it shows 3 - 4 mb of data. The only way to get rid of it is to clear the storage, which I do.  My data gets chewed up with this and I'm always clearing the storage after using chrome. 

Should I delete chrome and reinstall it for Google to run, then just not use chrome at all as my browser?

Thanks 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

cm41

OK that clicks with me as I never understood before what the numbers represented. Lol. 

I followed what you said and no data was used. Phew

It just seemed weird to clear the cache then reopen and the cache show a number other than 0.   

This time doing it the cache showed 6.08 mb. Lol. 

Thank you so much!  

I'm going to try a different browser and see if it does the same just out of curiosity. 🙂

Hi @cm41 , the space used could be just Chrome needs for the profile itself 

Both iOS and Android has ways ro check app data usage.  What you  can do is disable Wi-Fi and only leavr Mobile data on.   Then check the Chrome data usage first.  Then you go and clear the Chrome data and cache like you did.  Then go back into storage immediately, without opening chrome,.  If you see some space used, go and check Mobile data usage for Chrome and see if any data used

cm41

I don't think I'm explaining my issue very well.   After I close chrome I clear the history.  Then I go to my settings and in the chrome app I clear my cache. The cache then clears to 0.   Then I back out of storage but if I go back into storage immediately, without opening chrome,  it will show various amounts from 2.93 mb etc.  I'm concerned something is using my data. I have restricted background data on all my apps.  

Not sure if this explains it better or not.  Lol.  Thanks

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do you use Chrome on phone or computer?

I never had issue with Chrome on computer (PC) accessing account/rewards.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Give Firefox a try-out. I still have to hit the little refresh arrow to get up-to-date info...but nothing like you describe.

Alternative is to log in to your account using incognito mode. See if that helps.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Hi it seems all browsers have their own little unique problems from time to time here, I would suggest you use a different browser for a time and see if that clears up your issue

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @cm41   Sorry, I am not 100% sure I understand your problem.  Did Chrome able to download and render page with PM Mobile data?  or your problem is it is still getting 3 to 4 mb of data?  

if it is working , Chrome can use Mobile data to load pages,  and your concern is the 3 to 4mb of data, please remember if you enable sync settings with Chrome/Google, it needs to download all the personalize data from Google server and it might be the reason

Of course, you can try to uninstall and reinstall.  Or maybe try using another browser?

Need Help? Let's chat.