Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice while renewing

Roop_1022
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Guys,

hopefully you can help me.

I was trying to renew my public account and I was charged twice. 
How do I get a refund?

Also, what if I don’t want public mobile anymore?

I just renewed my plan, I didn’t use much. Its been like 4 hours.
 How do I get a refund of the whole amount?

13 REPLIES 13

Roop_1022

With rogers, I was getting employee discount on their preferred program with unlimited data.

Thank you for your help.

@Roop_1022 wrote:

I have changed my work and public doesn’t work there .
I have $50 with 10GB Data.

What does that mean than someone can takeover my account?

It means you let someone else use it and give the account away but it's the same for you if you just stop paying.  Moving somewhere Public Mobile doesn't work won't get you a refund.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Roop_1022 

Aha....I see no bell/Telus service at all? Or no 3G service (voice calls)? Only rogers? Hmm...$50 plan may be difficult but let's say you can....

I've transferred an account. You remove your payment card info and edit your personal info and add "fake" info that you pass onto the new account holder ie. Justin Trudeau 24 Susse x Dr, Ottawa, Ontario.....change the phone # etc....and you change the email and acct pin # if you want (this must be done thru customer support)to a throwaway email you make with Yahoo for example. Change the password, security question. You give all of the info except the acct pin # and the password. Then once you have settled your mutual agreement you give the password and acct pin #.

Depending on your trust level either way as show of good faith you could perform the SIM swap before giving the account info and settling then when they confirm their new sim card is working they settle with you and you hand over all the info to access the account. Then they go about updating the profile info, changing the password and security question and answer etc...once finished they contact customer support to change the email and acct pin #. Then they can port in their phone number or change it and if they want change the sim card if you did the swap.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info

Roop_1022

I have changed my work and public doesn’t work there .
I have $50 with 10GB Data.

What does that mean than someone can takeover my account?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Roop_1022 

You can get a refund for the extra payment but you prepaid for this month....willingly. What has made you change your mind and suddenly want to leave?

It may be possible to get someone to take over your plan and you transfer the account to them. You are on the rewards program that's an incentive. Which plan do you have?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info

Roop_1022

Who’s gonna take this account for 1 month. Everyone has data and cell service in there phone, so this is not going to work. 
This is so inconvenient that You can’t get the refund for the services that you never used.
I mean, I work at Canada Post. There was a PO box rental for 3 months. There is no refund in the 3 month service , if customer wanna cancel the box. 
However, we still gave the refund to the customer when she explained her situation . 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Roop_1022 wrote:

Hi Guys,

How do I get a refund?

@Roop_1022  - can you use up the value you have added to you account by using your plan or let someone else take it over until the Available Funds balance is used up?

If you don't  want public mobile anymore, then do not add any more funds to your balance, and upon renewal time when you don't have enough to renew it will go into Suspended status. Ensure to remove any credit card that may be registered on your account.

After 90 days of nonpay/suspended status your account will be permanently closed and you will lose your phone number and access to self serve.

Porting out your Public Mobile phone number also permanently closes your account here. But, it is suggested to remove any card you may have attached to your self serve account before you port out.

ZuckMark
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why you paid it anyways if you you knew you're not gonna use it ? NO REFUND!

ZuckMark
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It is a Prepaid service, it's already paid no refund duh, like you paid for a Spotify subscription you don't ask for a refund you use it due to you already purchased it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Roop_1022 PM is a prepaid provider,  so,, even you just renewed for 4 hours,  technically there is no refund. 

And for the duplicated charges, did you pay twice by mistake?

If you see the duplicated ,amount sitting as a Available Fund, it is in fact not bad, it will  be used for your next renewal

Yes I know you are thinking to leave a PM,  it is a bit tough in such situation then

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Roop_1022 

You cannot get a refund for your current plan cycle only for the accidental double payment. Of course if you decide to stay then just leave the extra payment in your available funds to pay for your next renewal. How long have you been a customer? Are you on the old rewards program or the new points program? How much do you use your services? Are you on the appropriate plan for your needs? Other providers pretty much offer the same plans and prices without a loyalty program  so you have to weigh the negatives and the positives.

Edit:

I see you have been a member since last year. That means your are on the much better rewards program that is no longer offered. Soon you will be earning your first $1/30days loyalty reward that will eventually rise to $5/30 days +$2/30 days autopay reward=$7/30 days discount for doing nothing. Do you really want to lose these rewards?

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you were double charged and you are going to another cell provider a CSA may be able to refund the second charge, but since it is a prepaid service it may be tougher to get the initial payment back. I mean you can try and see what they say and worst case you will have another 30 days to line up your new plan/porting etc and get another month without paying for new plan.

@Roop_1022 wrote:

Hi Guys,

How do I get a refund?

For a refund for the erroneous charge, you'll need to go through https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html to ask a CSA.

edited: added "for the erroneous charge"

Need Help? Let's chat.