cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged three times extra during activation

Brian16
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

During Black Friday I made a number of unsuccessful attempts to sign up. This resulted in THREE $38.42 charges on my credit cards (three charges between two cards attempting to get the plan working). 

I finally got the plan to activate with a separate email (the fourth successful charge) but I need the other three refunded as the payment page kept processing even though the plan was not activated. 

I opened a ticked but have not heard back over a week. 

any advice? Is there a number I should call? Should I try a credit card charge back?

10 REPLIES 10

Brian16

Thanks. I am starting with the card that didn’t end up being associated with the active account. 

I have asked the cs agent first if they have a suggestion on ensuring the right charge is reversed. Three $38 charges in a row makes it pretty tricky to know which is the right one to reverse. 

HI @Brian16 

chargeback is dangerous.  If the wrong one are reversed, it could affect your active account.  

Keep the message that agent sent you.  If anything wrong, use it as proof

Brian16

Thanks everyone. Public finally replied and told me to do a chargeback. 

now I will just hope that the correct charges are reversed so that my active account does not end up being unpaid. (Three charges on same card it’s hard to tell which is which). 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Brian16   Do you see an envelope icon top right of this community page?  That's where your reply will come if your device shows it.  But if you don't see the envelope icon there will be no indication of a reply unless you tap on your avatar and check Messages.  Sometimes people think they haven't had a reply because of this.  If still no reply then send a private message as already suggested by @Karushifa .  I did that yesterday on another issue and an agent replied within the hour.

@Brian16 

that's odd that they haven't responded yet. have you how checked your community inbox? customer support will typically respond within 2 days. I've asked for a refund in the past and it took less than 2 weeks

@Brian16 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up having to use a different email address to get past the initial page, so not sure crediting me will work as it was a different account in the end. 

Is there even someone I can speak to? I haven’t seen to have found a number to call where I can speak to a human. 😞 

down nearly $120 on what was supposed to be a cost saving move from Telus. 

Public Mobile doesn't have a phone number for customers to call for support.  All suport is provided online.

Brian16

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up having to use a different email address to get past the initial page, so not sure crediting me will work as it was a different account in the end. 

Is there even someone I can speak to? I haven’t seen to have found a number to call where I can speak to a human. 😞 

down nearly $120 on what was supposed to be a cost saving move from Telus. 

Brian16

I did, and no response despite three follow ups. That’s why I was looking for additional suggestions. 

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Brian16 

Do not ask for a charge back. When speaking with an agent ask for a credit to your account. It will be easier than asking for a refund.

Karushifa
Need Help? Let's chat.